my first game HUD feedback
Okay so I just played my first game and here are things I like/dislike :
+ The shop is very instinctive ! We can buy complete receipes and all objects needed in one click : great !
- There should be a "gold sound" when we buy something, the first time I was wondering whether I had bought the object or not.
+ The list of recommanded items is just great! We won't have to leave or chair to show beginners what items they should buy !
- I didn't find how to go from QWERTY keyboard to AZERTY keyboard. Where are the controls management anyway ?
+- The minimap is fine and complete, (I love the fact it shows the path we take) but I dislike its place, since the game's axe is from bottom-left to top-right. This is secondary, we should be able to cope with that anyway.
+ The camera lock is sooooo good !! I missed it so much while playing dota !
- The health bar over our character is quite big. It often hides the action.
- The bar that appears top screen while targeting someone is very useful, but during my first encounter, I thought it was my health bar and I fled although I was going to kill the basterd ! Maybe the color should change so we know whether it's an ally or an enemy. I'd rather have MY health bar on top of the screen.
- The skills icons should be displayed with the same configuration as the default binded keys. I liked it in DotA (with custom keys) so we could faster identify which spells were cooling down, etc. Radial interfaces are more useful when using a pad, and pc games interfaces are more intuitive when linear (take a look at Diablo 3 interface !)
Of course, it's easier to remember the bad points, but the interface is very good and intuitive. Good work, keep it up !
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:22 PM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc