||04-03-2011 12:12 AM
Forum Code of Conduct
As an online gaming community grows and newer players begin to post, there comes a point where the need for moderation becomes apparent. Until now, weíve relied on the community to ensure that players in the forums are adhering to the tenets of the Summonerís Code
. We have, however, reached a point where we need to introduce forum moderation in order to better provide an area for constructive player interaction.
So what does this mean for you? Well, for starters weíre going to begin to lock, delete, or move threads that show a clear violation of the Summonerís Code
. Additionally, here are four guidelines you should bear in mind when you post:
1. Keep it on topic, keep it constructive
- Threads need to be constructive and have a clear topic. Subsequent replies need to also be constructive to ensure that the integrity of that topic isnít compromised. Bumping a thread without adding additional relevant information is not considered constructive.
2. General Discussion is not the only section
- Our General Discussion section experiences a high volume of traffic that might cause your thread to go overlooked. Before posting, consider whether or not your thread would be more appropriately placed in another section.
3. Attacks or Accusations are not acceptable
- Attacking another player is unacceptable, the circumstances are irrelevant, just donít do it. This includes calling out another player for leaving, cheating, poor gameplay, etc.
4. Abuse and disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated
- Please show your fellow players and Rioters the same respect you would like shown to you. There are consequences to abusing players in the community.
If you stick to these guidelines when posting you will be helping to make the League of Legends forums a better place, and we wonít ever have to show you our gold plated banhammer. And if youíd like more information on what we consider model behavior, please take a moment to read the Summonerís Code