My build for Akali does not include Guinsoo's. Personally, I think the attack speed is a wasted stat on her. With this build you will have great burst and you will be able to hit towers fairly hard still on account of the Discipline of Might passive as the magic damage still hits towers. This is also my first Guide and I'm not sure what ELO I would be considered to be at. I'm currently a little above 50/50 wins/losses with around 200 games played, but I usually play with friends just for fun so please do not let that discourage you from trying this build.
Also, never take a guide and play it to a T, you may want to try a practice first and see if you like the play style. If not try tweaking certain items, skills, masteries, and runes until it fits you.
Twin Disciplines (Innate):Q - Mark of the Assassin
Discipline of Might - Upon obtaining 20 ability power, Akali's hits deal 10% bonus magic damage, increasing by 1% for every 5 ability power gained thereafter. Discipline of Force - Upon obtaining 10 attack damage, Akali gains 10% spell vamp, increasing by an additional 1% for every 20 attack damage gained thereafter.
Akali deals magic damage and marks her target for 6 seconds.W - Twilight Shroud
If she hits a marked target, the mark triggers dealing the same magic damage and restoring energy. Cost: 60 energy
Energy restored: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40
Magic Damage: 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (+0.4 AP)
Cooldown: 6 / 5.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4 sec
Akali throws down a cover of smoke for a few seconds, becoming stealthed while in the area. Enemies in the smoke have reduced movement speed.E - Crescent Slash
Movement Speed Reduced: 14 / 18 / 22 / 26 / 30%
Duration: 6 / 6.5 / 7 / 7.5 / 8
Cost: 100 / 95 / 90 / 85 / 80 Energy
Cooldown: 20 / 20 / 19 / 19 / 18 sec
Akali flourishes her Kamas, hitting nearby units for physical damage plus 30% Ability Power + 60% Attack Damage. Cost: 60 EnergyR - Shadow Dance
Damage: 30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130
Cooldown: 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 sec
Akali moves through shadows to quickly strike her target, dealing damage and consuming an Essence of Shadow. Akali gains a new Essence of Shadow every number of seconds, up to 3 total. Cost: Essence of ShadowSkill Build
Cooldown: 2 / 1.5 / 1 sec
Damage: 100/175/250 (+0.5 AP)
New Essence of Shadow: 30 / 25 / 20 seconds
This is a bit loose for me with prioritizing R>Q>E>W
If you are having survivability issues before level 6 make sure to pick up at least one level of W, otherwise max Q first and harass champs and last hit creeps with it. Once you get your R you will a much easier time getting champ kills on account of being able to hit them with Q then dash to them with R and autoattacking, Which will take of a significant chunk of their health if they are at full.
For those of you who have to see it
My build includes:
- Start with Amplifying tome and a health potion
- Finish Haunting Guise- No wasted stats everything is great here, ability power, health, magic pen, and more spell vamp? yes please.
- Boots - Unless the other team has some mad CC (Mercury Treads) I would pick up Boots of Swiftness as none of the other ones seem very useful. Maybe Mobility, but I don't like the loss in movement speed.
- After buying the normal boots you may want to buy phage, before finishing these into Boots of Swiftness.
- Phage - A slow, health and nets you your other passive benefit. If the game lasts forever upgrade it to a nice frozen mallet for more health and a persistent slow. When purchasing this make sure to get the long sword first for the passive benefit
- Rylai's Scepter - More health, Ability power and a slow for 3 of your abilities.
- Zhonya's Ring - Hit even harder, with a nice Unique active for any champ
- Lichbane - If the game lasts this long the other champs are in for a world of hurt, The time between your abilities is long enough that almost every ability will proc the effect and you will hit very hard.
- If for some reason the game is still going you could sell off Haunting Guise and purchase more Ability Power (Abyssal Scepter or I guess at this point Guinsoo's might be acceptable Ha!) or more Survivability (Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel)
Keep in mind I'm currently at level 29 and I haven't been able to experiment with different rune builds and right now I'm running 2 (3) flat health quints, magic pen reds, dodge yellows, and cooldown per level blues.
I haven't been able to try getting the passive from level one and I'm not sure how useful it would be.
I have a 21/9/0 build but I can see a 9/21/0 build as well
- Ignite- Is fairly nice early game for getting kills but always has it's advantages throughout the game, the anti-heal mechanic is very nice (especially on a WarWick that just Ulted you)
- Teleport- I always bring teleport no matter what champ I am. It's just too darned useful.
- Exhaust - I personally am not a fan, you already have a slow and with my build have no need for even more slows.
- Smite - You have no problem last hitting or farming, no need.
- Clairvoyance - I love clairvoyance I bring it with most champs that I play (Knowledge is power). I haven't tried it with Akali and I probably wouldn't you can scout bushes no problem. and you have a natural stealth like ability to check out area's not as much of a need.
- Heal - I'm just not a fan. I can see it as a useful spell tho.
- Fortify - A nice team spell. Maybe you want to pick it if no one else has.
- Flash - I'm just not a fan of flash, and you shouldn't get yourself into trouble in which you need it. You also have a sweet Ultimate that can get you out of trouble if there's a creep wave nearby.
- Ghost - For the same reasons as exhaust you don't really need this, you have multiple slowing mechanisms and have no problem chasing or getting away.
- Clarity - No mana
- Cleanse - Can be awesome, I'm just not used to utilizing it.
- Rally - I would put it on the same level as heal. Leave it for a pusher.
- Revive - Be prepared to be called a Noob
- Use your Q before using R to dash in and auto-attacking, spam your E to do some extra damage.
- The Shroud (W) can be used to slow enemies whether you are running away or chasing and allows you yo stealth
- Use the shroud to scout into bushes, put a bit of the shroud in the bush so that you can still stand in the bush and not be seen.
- Be careful of skill shot champs or champs with AoE's these can still hit you in the shroud. Heimer, Janna, Ashe, Nasus, Morgana and Mord come to mind.
Also I'd love to hear some feedback and suggestions about the guide, the layout.
Should I keep writing guides? I'm thinking about writing a Janna guide.