Originally Posted by Viktoree
After playing 300+ games in Dominion (mostly solo queue) I've come to the conclusion that it's much too complicated for the average player. I mean sure it's just the same basic King of the Hill game type most of us have played in a zillion games before and not to mention as kids outdoors on actual hills... But, I still feel it must be too complicated for the average players because how else do you explain:
- Running around in the jungle all game (The jungle being that part of the map that doesn't require capping/defending)
- Chasing kills that your teammate obviously has on lock down just to better your own precious score when there's a tower sitting there that you know, you could be capping (Last time I checked tower capping was somewhat important in Dominion, although after my last few games I'm wondering if that's still the case).
- Not capping the tower while your teammate is fighting under it and taking damage from both the tower and enemy champ (not that neutralizing the tower would help your teammate take less damage or anything, hell he's probably taking tower hits and fighting that champ just for luls and you know, not so you can cap or anything).
- Running past a neutral tower so you can join in a team fight your team is already winning (and even if they're losing i'm sure you dying or killing an enemy or two is a much bigger help to your team then having towers...)
- Picking nothing but the squishiest champions available (even though you can clearly see your team already has the required 1-2 squishy's and no tank, tanky dps or support, but hey what are the chances you'll all get blown up right?)
- Fighting off point (Pft who needs the extra damage from the tower, what could that possibly help? Besides you're a big man and you don't need no stinky tower help takin down these scrubs right? It's either that or you don't think it's fair for your team to have an advantage in any fight so you refuse to accept the towers help).
I'm sure there's many many many more things that point towards Dominion being much too complicated for the average player, but it's late and i'm tired.
- Controlling the jungle is huge. Denying stormshields will win you fights, as will ganking/chunking enemies going for it or heading to windmill (nid ftw). Being MIA in jungle also applies pressure to bot, and lets you prevent BDs/join fights anywhere on the map quickly.
Going for enemy mid is EXTREMELY situational. Unless you're rammus or blitzcrank, it is extremely easy to die trying to cap/neut it.
- Assisting in kills is pretty subjective. People make bad decisions; deal with it. That said, securing the kill is a safe choice.
I once got a quadra 1v4 at lvl 5-6 because all of them wrote me off as dead and tried to cap the point as I killed them 1 by 1.
- Turret diving is risky. Its really your fault if you dive and die doing so. Yes, starting to cap is often a good idea, but you'll be interrupted quickly.
- Joining the teamfight is usually the right choice, IMO. Losing that fight will result in your team not capping the point, and probably losing 1-2 other points as well.
- Looking at your match history, you like playing glass cannons. Why do you think your teammates don't?
- People get baited, get caught, or otherwise make mistakes. I'm sure you do as well.