Wow, I thought this bug was just me, good to know (kind of) that I'm not going crazy.
Some other things I've noticed and/or read about on forums about this specific event:
- Its ATI only (maybe even only mobile cards
- Most people outside of LoL have reported it happening after connecting to a secondary monitor for the first time. It doesn't matter whether or not the secondary monitor is connected at the time of the bug, its the event of connecting the second monitor (and possibly downloading the drivers associated with it) NOTE: This may possibly not be connected, but I wanted to include everything I've seen just in case
- I've had it occur on both teams and irrelevant of position. Like people have said, the time before it comes back is random, but usually before the game is over. I've had ONE instance of it staying past a game of Dominion, and closing LoL doesn't work for me. If I can't get it fixed inside that game of LoL, i have to restart my computer.
- Once it happens, it tends to occur more frequently. I can go weeks without it never happening, but the second it does, it happens every few games (at that point, I take it as a sign to go to bed). EDIT: Now that I've said that, maybe it has something to do with the card overheating in conjunction with something else? It normally doesn't happen until I've had a long streak of continuous games (Since Dom games from queueing to finish take 30-45 minutes, I'll say maybe 15-16 games?)
- I play with smartcasting, and while it seems like its been happening to people who don't use smartcasting, I will say that all of my missing cursors have occured on characters who have AoE casts (Brand, LB [Her blink is an AoE, albeit tiny] in particular I have problems with).
- The former being said, I've never had my cursor disappear while casting. Its just always sort of ... gone. The one time I've had an OBVIOUS event occur before a disappear was when Steam minimized the game to inform me of some group event starting, and upon immediate maximize, the cursor was bugged out. It was fine UNTIL I remaximized the game, though.
Something that has helped me deal with the bug in game and still be productive is to use attack-moves. The attack move cursor for whatever reason still works, and that way I can see my mouse 80% of the time, and can use my skills still. It only becomes a problem when buying items, but some slow movements and eyeballing can normally get me what I need.
I've yet to find a way to reliably reproduce or fix it, but if I do I'll send the report your way. I wish you good luck in your efforts to fix it, as like others have said, its essentially a 4v5 if that happens, maybe a 4.5v5 if I'm having a GREAT day.