But I suppose it's out of the question to have her with no aggressive starcall and full utility/support spells?
The following post is entirely a thought experiment and in no way shape or form
reflects anything that will be done to Soraka as I'm not responsible for live reworks or balance.
Now that that's over with - Here's my general thoughts on Soraka:
1. Starcall is unusable on support Soraka.
2. Astral Blessing is ridiculous and the level-ups on the skill are absurd - There is no way levelling any other skill could be good when one of your skills can triple someone's armor at level 9. :P
3. Infuse Silence is annoying and lasts a really long time for a point and click silence.
4. Her role being primary healer is fine - her role being primary stalemater is not so.
5. Passive is invisible power that not a whole lot of people appreciate (though incredibly effective).
6. Soraka cannot enable her teammates to do anything - only deny the opponents a chance to do things.
7. Soraka is pretty fun to play as for some people and stupid to play against for most people.
8. Too much of Soraka's visual feedback is in her heals - and so that's her main source of satisfaction.
My initial thoughts on how to try solve the above are as follows:
1. Starcall be given some kind of passive: When you cast a spell on an allied champion, their next autoattack deals X bonus magic damage and shreds Y magic resistance. When you cast Starcall, your next autoattack deals X bonus magic damage and shreds Y magic resistance
2. Soraka to be given a more fitting character passive - maybe something like: Your heals are up to X% more effective on targets with low health - Something that requires action on her part to take advantage of but fully synergistic with how she wants to play.
3. Tone down the armor bonus / healing of astral blessing - Wish is probably fine.
3b. Wish could probably grant some kind of combat advantage too - Brief team wide MS might be fun - but if I wanted to start at crazy, Brief Team Wide Cleanse? Not sure.
4. Figure out something to make Infuse less annoying to fight against - because infuse is annoying to fight against.
5. Give Soraka some more base health/defenses - because honestly - her base statistics are awful.