* * * * *
...It all began at 25 CLE, just a quarter of century after the League was created. After a long chain of investigations by the greatest city-states of Valoran, the Institute of War's conspiracy against their governments was exposed, leading to an open conflict. Its authority shattered, the League of Legends ceased to exist as a whole - most mages involved fled, some hid themselves, and those who tried to resist the onslaught of the furious city-state duo were left to the most terrible of fates: the Institute of War, a miracle construction of mankind, was half-demolished in a grand magical accident, leaving it and its surroundings nearly uninhabitable and plagued by magical anomalies.
The chains that bound city-states together were no more, and just as an insane animal lets its fury loose when off the leash, war inevitably stormed into the homes of Valoran citizens. The first to succumb was, surprisingly, Freljord - the tribes were no longer united by champions, and princess Sejuani used this opening to materialize all frustration for her sister that she had concealed through the years. A civil war broke out, leaving none uninvolved.
Attempting to negotiate peace (or forcefully pry the opposing forces from one another), came the delegations from Demacia and Noxus. Fate had it that both of them also had territorial interests in the country - a tiny dispute on the border of Freljordian tundra soon escalated into an opening battle royale between the three forces. Noxus aimed to acheive their goal, Demacia attempted to deny it, and Freljord defended its borders from both. In that battle, two great enemies - Jarvan IV and Swain Jericho - met each other again; after the longest duel, both died from severe injuries, neither being victorious. The only winners of that battle were corpses littering the bloodstained snow. That day, war was declared between the two major city-states of Valoran.
...All of that, occured within one single season - Summer of Love, as it was, ironically, named by a certain poet who didn't have the slightest idea of the events that would follow.
Such a small amount of time left the other factions unprepared and off guard - all smaller city states, including Zaun, Piltover and Ionia as well as many others declared their neutrality. However, that couldn't last for long for a plethora of reasons.
First off, the events set in motion were like a signals for the evils of the world to make their move. As soon as the battle of three states ended, there were reports of a giant purple flare seen above the Great Barrier - Icathia came to life once more, and only fate knew what went on down there. At the same time, sightings of specters and other supernatural beings on the northwestern Demacian shore and in the Conqueror's Sea increased as well - many treated that as a side effect of the many deaths, but those with the knowledge foresaw the coming of the Shadow Isles that was foretold long ago.
But the most horrible of all was what was always kept sealed behind doors of silence, never mentioned but known by everyone. With the Institute no longer keeping watch over Runeterra's magic, no one was left to stop the Rune Mages from reappearing. Long years passed since Rune War V, and many of them were deceased or simply gone; but few still remained, and new ones were born. No one has talked about this - but everyone knew that eventually they will step on the stage as they always did during the previous grand conflicts of Runeterra.
* * * * *
1. Any character with a reason for joining the war is allowed to join, Champions obviously included. For those who play as champions, note - the power levels outside the Fields of Justice are significantly different. Champions will have no restrictions to their abilities; but at the same time, their abilities won't be empowered.
Example: Soraka will be able to heal an entire army at once, but the 'cooldown' on her Wish is now several days of incapacitation and inability to use it for a few days more. And yes, Shen will be able to do a double backflip.
2. Unlike other RPs, characters can (and must) be killed. This is war - it's where people die. This means that regardless of how much you would want to stay alive or how much you would want to slay your opponent - the result of the battle will be decided on a solid logical basis by the DM, who will act without bias towards any faction, character or player. Death is permanent, unless your have an actually reasonable and argumented way of resurrection, like Karthus for example, who is a Lich and may resurrect at specific conditions. Characters may not commit suicide for no reason.
3. Politics must have a solid basis, and lead to agreements just as solid. At times of war, many people change their alliances, expose their treachery and generally act like grand ******bags - but allies in arms can not change their minds overnight and break agreements they have made earlier that day. Existing alliances can be broken only due to events that naturally lead to that; same goes for forging alliances.
4. The existing factions can be changed per request, including their name, membership, leader(s), et cetera. Just as with everything else, there has to be a reason behind all changes after the game begins; names and members are always negotiable, again, within reason.
5. The world is realistic. Obviously, a world has its own rules. Valoran is roughly two thousand miles wide, and an army would require two full months to march from East shore to West shore, given no obstacles and good landscape. Same goes for messengers - there is no email, and messengers would have to deliver news manually. Very high ranking personnel may use certain magic methods of communication like visiopathy (read: Star Wars-esque image projection) to hasten delivery of top-importance news. Also, use the map - it will be attached to the post.
6. OOC Thread goes here - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2125391
* * * * *
Leaders: Garen and Luxanna Crownguard.
Status: at war with Noxus, no allies.
Leaders: Katarina and Cassiopeia Du Couteau.
Renegade group leader: Talon.
Status: at war with Demacia, no allies
The Kingdom leaders: Ashe and Tryndamere.
The Outcast leader: Sejuani
Status: civil war, neutral to all.
Peace Preachers leader: Karma
Justice takers: Irelia
Status: neutral, inner faction dispute.
Piltover Law Enforcement and Defence Force leaders: Caitlyn, Ezreal
Yordle Academy of Science triumvirate: Heimerdinger, Rumble, Ziggs
Status: neutral to all.
The Glorious Evolution leader: Viktor
Biological War Machine leader: Singed
Status: neutral (?)
The Void - led by Malzahar, hostile to all.
The Shadow Isles - led by Hecarim, status unknown.
The Rakkor - led by Leona and Pantheon, neutral for now.
The Kinkou - led by the ninja triumvirate, neutral to all.
Bilgewater - led by Gangplank and Miss Fortune, neutral for now.
Bandle City - led by Poppy, neutral to all. Note: Veigar is hostile to all.
The Legion. - led by Eredale & Co, newly formed mercenary group. Formerly known as Runic Scavengers.
Rebellion - led by Avengard, hostile to all.
1st battle event, ending in Demacia's victory, pages 38-51. Click on the quote's arrow button to go to first event post.
* * * * *
Words from DM/Message of the Day section
White - neutral state/force
Orange - dangerous area/warring state
Red - high danger zone/active army
Green - no danger zone/friendly defence forces