overall i like the xin changes a lot, and while he feels extremely strong with clear counters ive always wondered what made you cater him towards more tanky dps than assasin? when xin first came out he had more of an assasin feel than a tanky dps building mostly damage, now he builds some damage early but mainly builds into a tankier force late game, why did you opt for this ?
for example, xin is mostly a trading character until he can get someone to about 75-50% hp then burst kill them, he still does this now in lane unless it is team fights. if i was the one remaking him i would of chose to up the scaling on Q but higher the cooldown. keep W the same but tack the heal onto that and give him the bonus armour pen as his passive. id then change E to stay magic damage but scale off bonus AD at a .8 ratio. changing his ultimate to a X flat amount of damage + 20% of max missing hp as damage.
this would of made him a more, kill isntantly then GTFO type of character able to trade and sustain in lane with tank dps but also be built as one , with more emphasis on damage, why did you choose the route you took?
I explained the reason for some of my changes in the opening post (especially the reason for moving cdr off W), is there something that you are especially curious about?
Your remake idea sounds like Talon and not Xin to me (w/o the stealth). Also, W looks horribly out of place on a squishy burst assassin. It does not synergize with his kit at all.
1. His passive sucks. Now before you all grab your pitchforks lets look at some numbers:
15% armor reduction means
at 50 armor: this will reduce 7.5 armor
100: 15 armor reduction (barely a cloth armor)
200: 30 armor reduction
Seriously? It is almost useless in the jungle, and in laning phase.
Look at champs like nautilus or blitzcrank. No wonder they are borderline OP. Such powerful passives that also scale well. Why cant xin have a good early game and scaling passive?
Its only plus is 1. It scales well into late game, 2. It helps your teammates. BUT as they say, win lane, win game. Early game is key.
Suggestion: copy amumu passive so it becomes:
Xins autoattacks reduce the target's armor by 15 / 25 / 35 for 4 seconds.
2. No synergy with Randuins omen anymore? why is it reccommended?
Randins has a secret bonus on its passive:
"The actual formula for Randuin's Omen's active duration is 1 + (armor + magic resistance)/200 seconds"
So the old xin ult greatly benefited from this, ulting would give him bonus mr and ar, and then activating Omen would have a maybe 2.5 seconds added slow. THIS is HUGE.
The new xin cant do this as if he Ults first, he pushes everyone away so although he will get the bonus resistances, activating omen will only affect 1 person.
If he activates omen after charging , then he won benefit from the bonus resistances which if he hits 5 people = 125 ARMOR AND 125 MR. So he loses a total of 2.5 seconds on the active. 2.5 seconds of 35% AS and MS slow is freaking HUGE.
I feel this was overlooked when designing him.
3. Black cleaver has no synergy with him. Why is it recommended?
from the wikia:
Armor penetration is calculated in this order.
1. Flat armor reduction
2. Percentage armor reduction
3. Flat armor penetration
4. Percentage armor penetration
So your passive is percentage reduction, and cleaver is flat reduction. Building Cleaver reduces the effectiveness of your passive. Flat armor penetration however synergies well with it, so GHOST BLADE should rather be recommended. Seen alot of xin build Cleaver...just wanted to point this out.
This is why his passive sucks. To get the most out of it, you are discouraged from building BC and LW.
Besides these, xin feels like a real champ again. Thank you riot for the remake.
TLDR: 1. passive is weak 2. xin no longer has synergy with black cleaver and randuins omen.
3. Sweet remake. Thank you riot its been a very long time since my favorite demacian has been viable!
(Just copying and pasting from a post i made earlier)
1. You seem to be greatly underestimating the power of armor pen. 7.5 Arpen is not useless in the lane at all, especially in top lane.
There was a time when he shredded 8/12/16/24 armor. The value was fine top lane but when he started hitting squishies it was a nightmare,Amumu values would have been beyond ridiculous. (Armor and MR do not scale the same way throughout the game.)
2. Omen is recommended because it is one of the strongest tank items in the game and lends well to his style of play, and is probably among the best tank items when you are only getting one defensive item. Also, recommended items are not intended to be the 'optimal' build for a character. It is there to help new players grasp what the character is about.
Good catch on the anti-synergy between his ult and Omen's active though.
3. I agree with you that ghostblade is a great item on him. We generally try to avoid recommending items that rely heavily on the active to get its money's worth. (Reason why there are so few QSS, Ghostblade & Deathfires in the rec items)
Also BC does have good synergy with him. While he does not get the 'full' value of the shred passive, he ends up shredding more armor than another character would with BC. More pen is almost always good, a shred even more so.