...that's not really come across very well.
I should say that I'm a staunch transhumanist, so this issue has been annoying me for a while, but I can see how others could view it differently.
However, Viktor is basically a good person and has retained that even after his transformation.
As far as I see it, what has happened is:
- Viktor gets stolen from by Stanwick.
- He can't deal with that, so he decides to create something no-one can steal from him; i.e. himself.
- As a deliberate part of the process, to remove what he saw as negative influences on himself i.e his rage and jealousy, he removed his emotions.
- He honestly thinks he's improved from the process.
- He decides to inform other people that he's improved from the process and that he can do the same to them.
- He never does it without consent (Jayce's lore says acolytes, not 'converts' or 'experiments').
- He stole from Jayce because he believed he could make the best use of the tech.
I can see how he could become evil in the future. His theft of Jayce's stuff could be a slippery slope arrangement. But that hasn't happened yet.
The evil thing about the Borg, for example, was that they converted people without their consent. Viktor hasn't done that. So why is the general feeling/explicit Riot statement that Viktor is evil?
EDIT: After a quick check through this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2339770 it appears that the slippery slope is indeed Riot's intention.
Disappointing, to be honest. Still, he's not evil now. Just in the future.