So I've recently been playing a game by Hi-Rez Studios called Smite. It's a 3rd person MOBA platform game that has much to offer the genre altogether. The most influential feature to Smite is VGS ( Voice Game System )
VGS is a quick chat function used to provide useful information to teammates with just a few key strokes.
For example, typing VF1 will automatically type "Enemy Missing Left!" in chat and will also include a voice over that all team members can hear.
To see an example of this:
Why would VGS make LoL better?
1) Ease of access to callouts. Now you can simply do a 3 key combination that will call your lane missing, call an enemy champ going to certain lane, call to fight dragon or baron etc etc. It would fill the void that this game lacks as far as communication.
2) Pings. How many times have you or someone on your team pinged something only for the ping to be misunderstood? IE Pinging that a ward is in a certain area only to have your teammate scout that area thinking that he/she needs to go there.
3) Improving solo queue. IMO the big thing solo queue lacks is proper communication. Thus why solo queue can't really be considered playing a team game. This will allow for you to make the simple callouts needed to do basic functions of the game like defend, retreat, attack, gank etc etc. It will open up the possibility of better teamplay with less typing.
4) People will have less excuses. Using VGS will prove to be a good disclaimer to someone getting ganked or caught in a bad place. So they will no longer be able to place blame cause they had an adequate callout that they probably should've heeded.
1) VGS is easily troll friendly. People could just spam it without considering their teammates nerves.
A remedy for this would be to put a cap on the amount of VGS one could use within a certain time period. Say 4 VGS to every 15 secs with a 15 sec refresh on use of 4 VGS.
A short clip of VGS being used excessively in Smite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5XNtROqZL0
2) Still the possibility of misunderstanding. VGS isn't an in-depth communication system. Telling someone to "Attack" in lane doesn't necessarily instruct them on how to handle the fight. This is where typing would come in to explain the intricacies of a situation.
To sum it up, I believe VGS could be a huge asset to all aspects of LoL.
If you agree with this, show your support by commenting and liking this post. As well as spread the word.
If you don't agree with this, show reason as to why and help find ways to fix it.
Thanks guys and let me know what's up.
Edit: A good point was brought up about filtering VGS to make the calls come in different languages.