Originally Posted by Pannucci
Mangus, I know you said there was no information and I am not quite sure if you are involved in deciding this but imo to ensure fairness the TSM situation should be a rematch for mutiple reasons.
1. If found like Azubu cheated, the only way to determine who is the best is not DQ but by playing.
2. Potentially 3 more games for Riot to broadcast which increases revenue substanially, which I know most people don't want to acknoledge that but money is how you improve your game, increase server capacity, make revolutionizing updates, etc. so I am all for the increased money.
3. It follows the precident you already ruled for CLG.eu vs WE.
4. The backlash from the many NA players throughout the next 12 months from the feeling of being cheated can only hurt your company as a whole and just doing a rematch will help with damage control, since backlash will happen either way, if you consider the 2 options, ethically it makes more sence to give a rematch than to give the benefit of the doubt to Azubu.
Idk if you will respond to this but this is just my 2 cents on this issue, I know you aren't able to shed light on the decision but i would like if you do have any say to consider this because all of these issues are very pressing with just this small issue.
Edit: Why am I getting downvoted? anyone who actually owns/ runs a company knows that the actions im stating is the correct course of action reguardless if its the most popular. I guess I shouldn't assume many of you have any experiance towards this and that is why this is not directed at you but rather Mangus.
First of all, I would like to say that I can respect League of Legends fans wanting a rematch because they want to know who THE BEST TEAM IS. However, this being said, as Mangus pointed out, the same type of potential cheating occurred in the CLG.EU vs Team WE match, causing the game to be re-made. This points out three things to me:
1. Obviously there is not any reason for a team to "play by the rules" right now, if it only means they will have to re-play a game. IF YOU DO NOT PUNISH PEOPLE FOR CHEATING BY DISQUALIFYING, THERE IS NO INCENTIVE NOT TO CHEAT! This is simple game theory. The only way to discourage cheating is to PUNISH CHEATERS! The only way to punish them is to disqualify them.
2. If the worst that can ever happen is a rematch, it ENCOURAGES PLAYERS TO CHEAT, because they may as well try to cheat and see if they can get away with it before playing without trying to cheat. This serves the League of Legends community in a very poor way.
3. If you do not PUNISH a team for trying to cheat, then teams will continue to try and find ways to cheat that wont get them caught, but having disqualification as punishment for teams who have a player or players cheat provides significant incentive for a team to never even try to cheat and get away with it. Teams will find a way to cheat if they want to cheat....
BOTTOM LINE: While I want to know who the best team in the world is, you have to harshly punish a team for cheating so that others don't do it as well.