Having finished my Sona Cosplay and hung up my floating harp, I've decided to tackle a new project.
Vi, The Piltover Enforcer.
I'm currently working on just about everything in it at once, I've got patterns for her corset, leg plates waiting to be painted and most importantly, her gauntlets in pieces all around my house.
I have /no/ idea how long this project will take me but I'm working on it in every spare minute I can get when I'm not playing LoL.. so.. not many spare minutes there.. and aim to have it complete for PAX Australia in July (Though Supanova Gold Coast in April would be fun)!
Attached are some of my progress pictures so far.
1. The Gauntlet Scale test - Gives a general idea as to how big they'll be, that photo doesn't have the fingers which adds even more to them. This picture is pretty old, I'd started work on it a few weeks ago after I could get my hands on Vi's model to play with.
Currently I've got almost all of the pieces for the gauntlets roughly made and ready to be paper mached to death. Once that's done, I'll paint up a few layers of gesso and start painting base colours for the pieces before full assembly.
2. My base wig arrived! Really wasn't sure as to how to make the shaved "Skrillex-y" part of her hairstyle, got a few ideas but right now, just pinning the wig awkwardly so my own hair shows for the darker part is kind of working and I like it.
3. "Casual Vi" Just threw on some clothes I had similar to hers and random goggles to get a feel for how it'll all come together. Can't wait to sew her jacket, oh my gosh. Cheesy phone selfies are the best.
Work has kept me from progressing much over the weekend, but I do have some more progress pictures!
4. The reference sketch I'm working off from the top of Vi's gauntlet- mostly following the official splash art here for the top side, but following the 3D Model for the underside.
5. Tons of pieces! Hell, I'm already regretting foregoing my months of sketches and planning for cosplay on this one, there are so many goddamn pieces to make! You can see some of the pieces I've been working on in this one, mostly the underside of the gauntlets and the, what I'm calling "top shields", large panels that cover the topside.
I've also got my upper leg plates in the picture which are ready to be painted- I followed the 3D Model for those as I was more interested in the details that were on the model.
Off screen I've begun doing some fun things- started resin casting the 8 bolts that line her knuckles which flash orange/red when she procs her third hit of Denting Blows. Each one has a giant red LED cast inside so I can flick on the light. Still not entirely sold on the fingers and putting them off for the moment, I actually want to think a bit before I jump on them.
See my DA Gallery Here :>
Love to hear all feedback and comments!