We are looking for a few patient volunteers to test out our new PVP.net Patcher.
For the past several months a team of Top Men at Riot Games have been working on building a completely new Patcher for PVP.net from the ground up.
This new Patcher will eventually do two very important things:
First and foremost, it will resolve a lot of the patching issues that some of our players have been experiencing. This means less time spent reinstalling and more time spent ganking unsuspecting champions on the Fields of Justice.
Secondly, the new Patcher represents the first stride forward on the road towards a polished replay system. Replays are processed by the game through saved command sets. With the League of Legends game engine being updated so frequently, replays would currently break every two weeks. While there is still work to be done, this new Patcher will be able to launch older versions of League of Legends, allowing successful replays regardless of how long ago the game may have taken place.
Oh, and the new PVP.net Patcher will also be faster, have more options for finding help when it encounters errors, and will give you a much more accurate idea of the update's progress.
We have a new Patcher for PVP.net that is ready for Beta Test. Were looking for some brave souls to try out this work-in-progress and help us find new bugs and issues with the new technology.
Feeling up to the task? Follow these instructions to get started:
1. Before you get started, you will want to make sure to download a recent copy of the League of Legends installer, to use as a backup in case anything goes wrong. You can find this by going here.
2. Make sure your League of Legends installation is fully patched up, and you can login/start a game.
3. Download the Migrator (lol.launcher.zip file)
4. Extract the lol.launcher.exe file and place it into your League of Legends installation directory.
5. Run League of Legends from the Start Menu, or from the shortcut on your Desktop, which will begin the migration.
The migration process will take several minutes to complete, after which you should see the new PvP.net patcher and will be able to login to PvP.net.
When we think it's up to Riot Games standards, we will release it to everyone.