Originally Posted by Parabolic
She is overpowered, especially compared to the other highly-chosen tanky DPS. She outshines them all. The closest to Irelia in overall durability and damage output right now are probably Renekton and Jarvan who are also still extremely strong at the moment. However, Irelia still does more damage, heals better, and has the low-CD ult which is simply amazing.
Not a single person has once said what actually makes irelia tanky, yet idiots like you keep spewing this bull ****.
Renektons ult gives him more base HP than irelias heals, and if he is in a fight for more than 10 seconds he heals more also.
One use of jarvans shield heals more than irelias ultimate. If the fight goes longer than 15 seconds than jarvan is far more durable.
Both of the champions also have far better (well not really better, since irelia doesnt have any) escapes.
Like I said before, people are so **** scared to just focus her down and it makes no sense at all.
Xin zhao actually got buffed to be more competitive in organized play because he was so easily focused.
Xin zhao is also a helluva lot more tanky than irelia.
How does it make sense that focusing down xin is viable but focusing down irelia is not?
I just got out of a game against irelia, (granted we lost but our first pick mundo who didn't ban zilean and then d/ced for 10 minutes was the cause of that), and she we focused down so easily. She even had a banshees and a sunfire for survivability and I just ripped through her as corki. It isn't difficult. Did she hurt if she jumped to me? You bet, but a jarvan who ults me or a xinzhao who jumps me is gonna tear me up just as fast.
The point I'm trying to make, is that people on this forum are a bunch of sheep. Just look at all the idiots who follow elementz tier list like a bible. If you actually take a look at what she offers, and compare it to people who fill a similiar role (xin, jarvan, renekton, hell even poppy) youd find that she does about the same damage, has less tankiness, slightly more healing, and a little above average lane staying power when she hits 6.
As a side point, how is zilean a balanced champion? Having a 20-30 second cooldown on his ult cannot possibly be balanced.
Secondly, how is karthus not broken? I'm not saying hes OP, but you have a character that
1) ult takes absolutely zero skill to use. Seriously, as soon as people out range you, you just press r.
2) An e that does nearly as much damage as anivias ultimate it seems, yet can be turned on forever and has no mana cost?
3) A wall that spans the entire width of a lane and slows just as much or more than tryndameres shout? It honestly requires no thought on the placement at all because it is like 2x the width of a nexus.
4) A skill shot that unlike any other skill shot has a) negligible mana cost, b) negligible cooldown, c) goes around creeps/other champions ... and despite all this does just as much damage as any other skill shot 1v1 and more damage in any fight that has more than 2 people in it.
5) And now we have his passive. The only champion in the game that can be played by a complete idiot who literally initiates for his team as a caster with 1500 hp, and then despite being focused down and dying instantly, still manages to dish out 1000+ dmg to every single person on the other team. Even if you kill him and try and run away from where he died, he will still get at least 3000 total damage off on your team... and thats assuming he doesn't slow your entire team while you get picked off by the other 4 enemy champs that are still alive.
I'm not calling him OP, but the rate at which his damage scales seriously needs to be looked at for a champion that has I think the lowest skill floor of any champion in the game outside of maybe katarina. Someone should not be able to perform as well as he does when someone with the capabilities of a 2 year old is playing him.