This tool is outdated. The successor can be discussed in this thread: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...1#post11549291
For those of you who regularly play on both servers, the new patcher offers an easy way to switch. Which server the client connects to is determined by a single line in your RADS\system\launcher.cfg
While you can adjust it accordingly each time you want to switch, I made a tiny program which can save you the hassle.
Starts your LoL-Client with appropriately adjusted launcher.cfg to join US or EU with a single click. You might get it from the Tools website:Tools Website.
Direct installation: Direct installation
New beta available: http://lol.noamik.de/al/
LoL-Starter requires you to have a current LoL-installation as it will just start the client just like you would.
For easy usage there is an installer version which will install LoL-Starter for you, create a desktop icon and a start menu entry. If you want to remove it, you can uninstall it with windows program manager. This version is for those who just want to click the setup.exe and be done.
For those of you who, like myself, hate to install thousands of programs I created the standalone version which requires no installation. Just unzip it to where ever you want to have it and start the LoL-Starter.exe
To uninstall just delete the folder you created for LoL-Starter and nothing will be left on your system.
While LoL-Starter will try to find your LoL-installation-directory by itself, it could happen to not locate it. In this case just click on "Change LoL-Folder" and navigate to your LoL-installation. You might type the path manually as well.
To start LoL, just click on either: "Start LoL EU" or "Start LoL US".
Once the LoL-Launcher itself has started, you can safely terminate LoL-Starter, it is not required anymore.
LoL-Starter will remember your LoL-Folder when terminated till the next start.
You need an EU-account to be able to play on EU. Don't forget to swtich your region to EU when registering your account.
If you use TS3-Overlay-Plugin the GUI of LoL-Starter will become inresponsive. In this case you need to go to: Settings -> Plugins -> DirectX Overlay Plugin -> Settings, choose Profile: "LoL-Starter.exe" and select: "Disable Loading". LoL-Starter should now be responsive again (you might need to restart TS3 and LoL-Starter first, to clear remaining Hook-Problems).
- atm the switch back from US to EU fails in rare cases for some users. In this case you either won't even be able to login (wrong PvP.Net-Version error, you can check that on the login-window on the top left: US is atm: 1.38.39, EU has to be 1.36.37). The reason is the LoL-Launcher not having deleted some part of your US-Installation properly. If you are hit by the problem, go to your LoL-installation-folder and there to \RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\. There you'll find to subfolders: 0.0.0.61 and 0.0.0.63. The folder 0.0.0.63 is a remainder of your US-Installation and has to be deleted or moved.
TLDR: if you can't connect to EU anymore, you might be hit by a rare bug of Riots LoL-Launcher.
Solution: Go to your LoL-installation-folder and there to the folder \RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\. There you'll find two subfolders: 0.0.0.61 and 0.0.0.63. The folder 0.0.0.63 has to be deleted or moved.
- if you get really unlucky, you will get kicked after champ select (error: Client version 184.108.40.206, Server version 220.127.116.11). To prevent bad surprises you should consider starting a Custom-Game after switching back to EU and leave it at the fontain without any penalty. In this case you have to delete the contents of RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\. LoL-Launcher will fix it and if you are fast enough, you are back in your game before the other players even spawned.
F: Which patches shall I select?
A: As long as both server have the same patches, it doesn't matter. I recommend to use the one of your region. You may also use "Auto-Switch" which will automatically choose the appropriate patcher. The upside is your launcher will automatically fix itself on launch (which will be usefull, when one server is patched and the other isn't). The downside is the launcher will sometimes download unnecessary files. I recommend to use Auto-Switcher during patch-days and to not use it after the second server got patched as well. If you have any trouble to connect to either server, just put Auto-Switcher back on ...
F: What happens, if US and EU have mismatched server versions? What happens if US got the new patch but EU doesn't?
A: If US got patched and EU doesn't and if you chose US-patches, you will not even notice. You will be able to play on both servers. If you chose EU-patches, you will get an client-outdated-error when trying to connect to the US-server. In this case close the LoL-launcher, select US-patches and restart LoL with LoL-Starter. The same applies vice-versa, if EU gets patched first.
In the very unlikely case of US and EU being incompatible (so US can't play on EU and EU can't play on US), you will have to switch your update-region according to the server you want to play on. The LoL-Launcher will fix your installation accordingly on each switch.
F: I selected German/French/what-ever language, but my US-client is still English?
A: AFAIK language selection is for EU-servers only. That's why LoL-Starter always defaults to American English, if you connect to the US-Server. I could however add language support for US-servers as well, should LoL support different languages there as well.
F: Why is there a textbox below the language selection? What does de_DE/en_GB mean?
A: Riot keeps releasing new language versions of LoL. As I can't guarantee to update my tool in time, I made this box where you can insert your language manually. Should LoL be available in Switz German one day, you would put de_CH in there. The first part of this designates the main language, the second part the corresponding dialect.
F: What does LoL-Starter do to my LoL-installation? Could it break?
A: Even so there is always a minimal risk of a software-bug, your installation will not break. If you do not trust LoL-Starter, you can do a backup of your RADS/system-folder. Worst case you restore that backup, restart LoL and the launcher will fix everything. Additionally LoL-Starter creates a backup of your files at its first start. You can locate this backup using "?" -> "Easy-Debug".
F: How do updates work?
A: Since version 0.3 LoL-Starter will make a lookup at startup and notify you of newer versions. You might then choose to install those or skip it.
F: I do not like to install a myriad of tools?
A: I don't either. That's why there is a stand-alone-version, which will install nothing on your computer. Just unpack it where ever you like and start it. You should however not use auto-updates in this case, as they will install LoL-Starter. You will have to grab the new version manually then.
F: Where does LoL-Starter installs itself to?
A: LoL-Starter is a .Net-App with Click-Once-Installation. The Windows Installer installs those automatically to: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\Data. You should not touch the data there manually, but always use the software management tools of windows.
F: Will LoL-Starter steal my login?
A: LoL-Starter has no access to the login process. If you are really paranoid, you can do all the configuration with LoL-Starter, than close the opened launcher and start lol.launcher.exe manually.
F: Is LoL-Starter free of viruses?
A: LoL-Starter is developed by a single person, being me. I guarantee you I do not write malicious code at all. On a side-note it would be pretty stupid of me to host malicious code on my own web-server using my own domain, which allows anyone who wants to to identify me.
- Added some advanced initialization code
- fixed some bugs
- added initial backup of your files, so you can restore them manually if LoL-Starter fails somehow
- massive reorganization of code to prepare for new EU-servers
- added some more debug-info in case of a crash
- fixed a bug which would cause LoL-Starter to crash, when LoL was updated, the launcher closed and then relaunched by LoL-Starter
- new error-window which catches unexpected crashes and allows for some easier bug-reports
- will now start LoL as Admin, if installed into a UAC-protected directory
- intermediate version
- fixes a bug which could errase your masteries and rune-pages when you used the same summoner name on both servers
- fixed a bug which would prevent LoL-Starter from properly switching login names
- minor bugfixs and usability improvements
- minor bugfix related to login-names, when starting LoL multiple times without restarting LoL-Starter
- should fix problems with auto-installer on Windows 7 (it does for me, pls report further bugs!)
- Help is now formated and reorganized
- UAC won't be tried on Windows version before Vista anymore, LoL-Starter will now try to reset file Attributes if necessary before editing config, without using UAC
- added an Auto-Switcher-Checkbox for patches, if checked the appropriate patcher for each server is chosen
- LoL-Starter now features a help&debug-button in the upper right part of the window
- LoL-Starter will now ask for admin rights, if LoL-Starter can't write to your LoL-folder (this happens with older installations, where LoL got installed to "Program Files")
- LoL-Starter will now remember your respective last login name for EU and US (if you made LoL remember it)
- Fixed bug which had made Teemo disappear :-(
- Check-box for termination on launch added
- Code reorganization
- Auto-updater integrated, will now propose to install new version on program start, if available
- now stores configuration on termination, this keeps configuration changes done after last LoL-start
- language switch option for EU
- better game installation folder detection
- code reorganized
- fixed some minor bugs
- Added option to adjust the update server used for updates manually
- Quick-Fix to prevent mix of us-locale and EU-servers
- LoL-Starter now adapts the launcher to use the appropriate language which also enables the launcher to show the proper Online status
- LoL-Starter will now default you to en_GB if you never played on a European server before (resulting in some downloads once you start EU the first time), LoL-Starter will remember your EU-language-choice while playing on US
- LoL-Starter will now adjust your launcher to get updates from the proper server farm, guaranteeing you to always have the current patches off both servers (patches not causing trouble while switching has been tested and is working as intended by Riot)