If you have a question, search first make a new thread later. Raising an old thread (Necroing) is better than clutter in my opinion. Note: only raise issues that are relevant to the thread. "Lawlz" or "O.o" will probably get you downvoted
I also see a lot of people posting links to outside file hosting for pictures. Its nice to save Riot some bandwidth but its also inconvenient and I'm suspicious of links thanks to vampire forum games and rick rolls. I have included a handy pictorial guide below. If you want to postition pictures in a post like I am attach them and use then use the [attach] tags around the id number in the post where you want the picture
If you want to create a poll use the create a poll option at the bottom of the create new thread page.
If you decide later you want to attach a poll to a thread you made use thread tools.
Viewing posts and profiles
Check out the dev tracker. I have a picture below detailing that clicking the riot logo takes you to the first riot post in a thread, but there is a special link that lets you see most of the dev activity on the forums. It misses a few people but its a handy tool
If you're browsing the forums and see a thread but want a short preview of a thread just scroll over the title.
Also borrowing from Jozraels FAQ
“What do the different avatars/usergroups represent?”
- Red-Riot: These are the Developers. They are the most knowledgeable and are the only usergroup to have power over you, the player. They wield the almighty banhammer, so be good for goodness’ sake.
- Purple-Council: These players advise Riot on the current state of competitive LoL and how to improve it. They acquire this status through exceptional skill, keen insight on the metagame, running a league that sponsors LoL, chairing a sponsored team, or otherwise benefiting the competitive scene.
- Green-Emissaries: These players go above and beyond to help the LoL community as a whole prosper. They are active on the forums and promote LoL in various capacities.
- Blue-Adjudicators: These players have been involved with LoL since very early in the closed beta where their assistance was invaluable. New Adjudicators acquire this status through especially helpful Test Realm feedback.
- Orange-Wrenchmen: These players have invested time on the Help & Support board solving a variety of issues.
- Friend of Urf: These players have placed in the April 2010 contest honoring the death of Urf.
An ungrouped forumite begins as a Junior Member. 30 posts net him Member status, and 100 Senior Member.
"Why do my posts look all faded?"
Summoners who have not agreed to the Summoner's Code will have their posts less prominently displayed. You may review and agree to the Summoners Code through your My Account page.
Looking for more BB codes? https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar....php?do=bbcode
Looking for smilies? http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...do=showsmilies