So I keep seeing posts to forget the old map and tell Riot how to make the new one the best it can be, and I'm supremely frustrated. So here it is, here is how to make the new map the best it can be:
1) Bring back a top jungle, but make it consistent, and add reliable buffs for AP and RADC, maybe minor speed buffs or bonus gold for killing other neutral monsters if you want something useful for everyone in general, for more options in champ select, jungle pathing, ganks, and coordinating team fights.
2) Get rid of the alters. They add a distraction to the objective and allow for snowballing to get out of hand. They encourage a stale bruiser/tank meta, and make the game feel chaotic as opposed to strategic. Replace them with jungle camps that offer a high gold output to make jungling worthwhile.
3) Get rid of the speed shrine. Replace it with a mini-boss jungle camp which will encourage teamfights as the old red buff did, while benefiting the team that gets it in some way. Make it a micro buff for the whole team or something, like maybe a temporary gold per buff or something to make comebacks a possibility.
4) Add short duration wards so that laning and jungling become more strategic with the ability to time for ganks and counter jungle based on vision.
5) Make the game playable on computers that can handle every other map, like mine. I get 3 fps on TTSI on the lowest graphic settings. It's NOT ok.
6) Name the map Shadow Isles so the lore matches appropriately. There are a couple champs with lore tied to the Treeline, and many tied to Shadow Isles. Don't try to mash them up and say it's the same, because the people that like the rich stories behind the game will be upset.
There you have it. That's how the map would be the best version it could be. Constructive enough? It's never going to happen. Beta or not, the map will not change dramatically to meet the standards of many of Riot's long time consumers. They have made this abundantly clear time and time again. Even their attempts are compromise usually only come after weeks of backlash and outrage. Finales Funkeln, anyone? I'm asking for both map. Both parties satisfied. I don't think that's an outrageous request, but I guess Riot sees it differently, and that's a bummer. I'll spend my money elsewhere and play on SR once or twice a week to keep friends off my case, and there are many in that boat with me.