Originally Posted by Shehriazad
2nd:Gifting RP, and Skins for RP is totally fine by me.... but why limit Champs to RP aswell? Almost seems outright moneyhungry...
There is players who have gathered hundreds of thousands of IP points that they dont need.
One possible reason: inactive accounts are likely to have little RP on them, but might have quite a lot of IP.
You don't want something like the following scenario to happen:
- through lolking or similar means fetch a list of summonerIDs who haven't played in, say, the past month
- dictionary attack the passwords for those acccounts
- use the IP found on the cracked accounts to gift champions to 1 or more accounts of the cracker
- sell accounts with all champions on eBay etc.
- get away with it, since the owners of those inactive accounts probably won't log in anytime soon (and even if they do at some point, probably only the owner of that previously inactive account and the buyer of such a filled-with-gifted-champions account would be left with the mess...)
(of course right now they could already crack and sell inactive accounts, but 1 account with all champions is probably seen as much more valuable than a few accounts with some random amount of champions... Hmm, now it makes sense to me that the "Champions" tab is greyed out when you view other summoners' profiles: that info would be too valuable to crackers!..)