Originally Posted by Talamare
To make things more complex, I would say that the 8% mastery for physical damage should also be reduced to 5%
Physical damage grows much easier than Magical damage, and Runic Bulwark provides everyone with a ton of MR, but the same isnt true for Physical damage, You also get more ArP from Runes and Masteries than you do for Magic Pen. Finally Black Cleaver is a major game changer
With my 2 changes for physical damage (5% BC per stack and 5% ArP for the Mastery)
Physical Penetration will become 50% (35% + 20% + 5%)
Magical Penetration will become 40% (35% + 8%)
err.... No. Armor is much much cheaper to obtain compared to MR.
+ Natural armor growth ensures that you'll have more Armor than MR by around level 10
+ Not all champions have natural MR growth. the ones that do, grow half as fast as MR.
+ If you do understand AP is almost twice as cheap as AD and, AD needs to have AS, Crit, Pen to fully utilize its effectiveness.
On the note of AD casters, no, they won't every do as much damage as a burst AP mage (ryze or Veiger) because:
1) AD is twice as expensive as AP
2) their Ratios are only similar to AP ratios,
3) most of them are melee, unlike most mages who are ranged. Meaning they don't need to build other tankish items.
4) AP itemization offers defense along with Offense (Zhongya, Abyssal, Rylai etc.)
5)In order for AD casters to fully utilize their AUTO ATTACK which is the reason why AD is much more expensive, they need to build AS or Crit where they don't scale base on those stats, which mean they won't make making 100% full use of their AAs.
6) Armor is alot cheaper than MR
7) AP have ALOT of flat penetration options(including one that is build into a pair of boots), which means after the penetration math rework, they actually get much closer to true damage than AD casters at almost every point of the game.