Originally Posted by Morello
Nasus Unsure - might have fatal flaws, might just be because overtuned metagolems.[/
Nasus kit is super fun, especially for those that enjoy farming. I love it.
But unfortunately I believe he has some serious design flaws due to the current meta and the way the game is going.
Because of the nature of his Siphoning Strike, he must use it on minions often to keep up in strength with other top laners. In order to do this:
1. He has no abilities left to harass the other top laner (after taking some serious harass himself).
2. He has no spare mana to harass or protect himself with W or E.
3. He is also very kiteable due to the crazy mobility creep on this game, even with having one of the best slows in the game.
Anytime one goes against a Nasus, they should harass him every chance they get, either he harasses you back and cannot grow his Q, or he doesn't harass you back and you kick him out of lane... either way you will outscale him hard because of this.
The only time a Nasus can be strong is against a few champs or if you leave him alone/has camping jungler.
I believe the design problem is that it is tough to buff his early game without making him too strong later.
Here are some possible things I suggest that I believe would give him more viability laning, while not being too strong of a buff lategame (not all of these applied at once, separately).
1. Buff his passive/base HP/MP regen (not his passive lifesteal, as this would be too strong later.)
2. Lower mana cost on Siphoning Strike (OR, return some mana when siphoning strike kills an enemy)
. As long as CDR is the same, it will not yield him anymore damage, just make it so he can actually level up his Siphoning Strike early in the game and still have mana left to use his other skills.
3. Small increase on Q range. This would help with his farming early and his kiteability. The range would have to be small or else it would be very powerful, but I think a tiny increase would not be OP at all, yet still allow Nasus to farm up his Q without being harassed out of lane.
4. Add a low-damage (small ap ratio) DoT effect to Wither. This would allow Nasus to return some harassment without having to sacrifice leveling up Q. It would not be too strong though due to mana costs early, and late game it wouldn't be very OP due to it having an AP ratio (would also give slight posibility for AP/Hybrid nasus!).