I do indeed still exist 0_o but those following my twitter know I'm in Shanghai at the moment while I respond to this thread.
It has been a while since we did a big update about the features we have in development, so I'll work with the guys when I'm back next week to put something together.
There is a cool feature we're working with a major magazine to give more details about, so while I'm sure it gets old to hear "soon", we are actively working on the biggest update ever to LOL - so some pretty awesome stuff will be coming up soon.
We have twice as many people working on League of Legends than when we shipped the game - so there are major things that are happening behind the scenes that will blow everyone's minds.
We wish everything was faster, but we are also upping the quality bar across the board, so I think you guys will agree it will be worth the wait.
This thread is now about progress updates for league of legends. I am still however waiting for Tryndamere's reply "next week"
Also I lose faith in Riot when they troll us with threads like this one. (Anyone who says this was anything but a bait and switch is merely attempting to insult my intelligence)
Let's take a look at all the amazing features that have been added.
- More skins
- More champions
- Season 1 with:
- Ranked matches, ladder system. (Which removed normal stats)
- New UI for PVP.net (looks different, performs the same)
- Various improvements on PVP.net stor
- Improved server stability (granted, this is one of the few promises they actually kept, largely because you can't have an online game if your servers don't work)
- Improved in-game store
- Various bug fixes.
- Co-op VS AI.
- Mastery pages
- New patcher
- Forums search
- The Tribunal
- Competitive scene
Now let's look at all the announced features we're still waiting on, along with updates that have been released about them. Keep in mind that many of these were announced back in 2009.
- Masteries rework
- Magma Chamber
- Advanced settings for practice matches
- New game modes ("Soon" - Zileas)
- Observer mode
- Normal game stats
- Summoner Spell Promote rework
- Summoner Spell Flash rework (Honestly, probably not neccessary after the last nerf, but still haven't heard anything on it) (Holding off on this design-side - Morello Edit)
- Evelynn *stealth* rework (Xyphoreus is working on it)
- PTR ()
- PROMISED 450 and 1350 IP price point champions
- Community page on website (removed and replaced with, GO FIGURE, a link to the merchandise store, shows what they think of the community alright...)
New Patcher is now live.
Co-op is now live.
2250 upvotes, nice!