Originally Posted by Solatoral
I hope you dont mind if I ask a few champion specific questions.
1. Do you know of any definite solo tops that Riven can not lane against? Is it advised that I pick her up? I want to learn a strong solo top and she seems fun. Can she carry a team?
2. When playing as Vladimir, once youre level 7-8, is it better to start going aggressive or should you just stay passive and then retaliate if they try harrass you? (more of general question for anyone).
3. Lastly for any Lux players. I was watching chu8 play Lux and he's fantastic. The main difference between his build and mine is he takes boots of mobility. Would you advise sacrificing the magic penetration from sorc boots for the ganking potential of the BoM? Or is that purely situational?
Lux is my main mage and I'm more than happy to expand my knowledge of how to play her, having played her for probably more than 100 games, I'm confident I can adjust myself without suffering to Brand, or malz, etc.
Sorry for so many questions D;
Riven is a really strong solo top, I had only seen her with some problem if the enemy gangplank tries to zone her, but it will be solve by the time Riven gets her wriggle.
2. A general key for all ap mid is that you should start playing aggressively once you pass level 7-8 (with the exception of Veigar). You need the kills to help other lanes and establish their advantage.
3. BoM and Sorc Boot is personally reference, I believe that chu8 took the BoM mainly because he wants to keep moving as Lux, which is a really important part as Lux's movement can totally decide on the placement of the spells, Sorc boot is really iffy unless you want all the damage you can early on, and there are times when you want other boots, such as mercury thread if the enemy have heavy cc, so adjust depend on the situation.