Originally Posted by Hizuremai
I have 3 questions.
1) I typically play support (bot) or caster (mid), and I was wondering if there were a situation that would arise that would make it more beneficial to not instantly take a tower than not. (especially in the laning phase).
2) As waves come from the base, are there any benefits or downsides to regulating towers/minions/lasthits to build up a giant wave of minions to help you push or not push? What situation would you want to use either one of these methods if at all.
3) I'm usually 2/0, 3/1 or so which is pretty decent. Meanwhile in top lane (or bottom) my ally goes 7/6 or so due to ganks from either team/jungler. Technically he is not feeding in the slightest as the opponent is 6/7. But once the laning phase ends, compared to me that top lane opponent is fairly fed, with double my kills and solo lane CS just as I have. I feel like this 'relative feeding' has a decent impact on the rest of the match with me at a disadvantage. Is this something you would say exists, and if so how do I cope with it?
1. Yes, generally I found it important to take tower if you have high mobility character that can easily gank and take enemy jungle and go to other lanes, but if you don't have those kind of characters, it is some time better to leave that tower up, and force the enemy under the tower with character such as caitlyn or trydamere, who can easily outrange the enemy/ dive in and get out alive. The enemy tower is the best tool to deny the enemy gold.
However, you can also take it so that you can gain more control on the map, it is up to the team comp and the situation.
2. Controlling the minion is quite a scary skill, especially when you have super minions.
For example, if you have super minions coming up from top, and enemy just have normal wave, sometime it is better to let the minion to push on their own, rather than helping them, so that they stack up a huge wave that enemy can't ignore, meanwhile you can take major buff such as baron or dragon.
3. If you are at an advantage early on, consider ganking other lanes after level 6 or having any major item that you need.