...and why Phreak was terribly wrong when he said...
In short, because they don't buy it. Buying Stark's on your carry is basically a newb trap. There are better options for carries to buy.
Zeke's being a better item for supports, by your own admission, is the goal.
- 2 Tier Speed (+ 8% movement speed from FoN), 35 Tenacity
- 80-120 damage
- 1,050 HP
- 95 HP5 (+ 0.35% passive HP5 on FoN)
- 35-45% life steal
- Perma-slow (For getting more hits in = more damage/more sustain with life steal)
- 40% attack speed
- 20 Armor Reduction (against entire team, benefitting your whole team)
- 75 Armor
- 101 Magic Resist
- 5%CDR (Sweet active/passive with Randuin's Omen)
Now understand this, everyone keeps saying that the plus 30 HP5 on Stark's was useless. To those people I say bull. Stark's was MEANT for tanky DPS bruisers, and the 30 HP5 on Stark's was beautiful when stacked with FoN and Randuin's. It was over 100 HP5 and that is nothing to laugh at. ESPECIALLY when you factor in the life steal, resistances, and HP meant that you would never die as long as you were hitting stuff.
Stark's Synergized perfectly for 2 main reasons:
1) It Synergized perfectly with other items - FoN/Randuin's for godly HP5, Bloodthirster for through the roof life steal, menial armor reduction that wasn't so menial since it was an aura and effected your/their entire team, a 40% attack speed buff which meant you did not need any other attack speed item.
2) THIS WAS ALL ACHIEVED USING ONE SLOT! I cannot stress this enough. Stark's was an amazing item. Removing it was a horrible idea, at least without announcing at the same time an item to take its place.
Keep in mind, I didn't even mention that everything on Stark's, save 20% attack speed, was on an aura that effected everyone on your team. Phreak saying that it was a "newb trap" either comes from being naive or flat out playing us so we'd believe it and calm down. Phreak is wrong here, I'm sorry to say. This is my opinion.
Originally Posted by AJL
"Phreaks Thought" - Aura Item = Support item.
Attack speed on supports? o.o? Must get rid and buff!
(Make it to new item)
There more supporty.
Community: IT WASN'T AN ITEM FOR SUPPORTS!
Forealz rite? Because Will of Ancients is a core on all support.
Edit: I needed to add this. Separate issue, but should also be addressed. Amongst supports, this is why you should never waste your gold on Zeke's.
http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/a-diff...-zeke-s-herald <------ Broken link.
This link not only explains the differences between Zeke's Herald and Stark's Fervor, it also explains the differences between Zeke's Herald and Shurelya's Reverie. I recommend you skip reading the article, and just click on the YouTube version provided in the article. Very good vid.
Edit: The more I look at Zeke's the more I am convinced that Zeke's is an attempt at nerfing sustain through nerfing lifesteal. Of all the components that make up Zeke's, lifesteal is the only one that does not increase in the final recipie. <— Confirmed in light of the most recent patch (BT, Wriggle's, Vamp Scepter nerf).
Edit: 200+ Upvotes. Thanks guys. Hopefully soon Riot won't be able to ignore us Stark's lovers!
Edit: 300+ Upvotes! Gimme dat red post!
Edit: 400+ Upvotes! Still no red post.
Edit: 500+ Upvotes! Wapa-Chang!
Edit: 600+ Upvotes. Sigh.
Edit: 700+ Upvotes and still no red.
Edit: 800+ Upvotes. Still desire a red response.
Edit: 900+ Upvotes. My goodness.
Edit: 1,000+ Upvotes. Still waiting for a red response.
Edit: 1,100+ Upvotes. Dafuq.