To those who look forward to "Going Beyond the Game,"
We are about ready to begin the elimination stages of the WCG qualifiers. Matches will start tomorrow (Saturday) and feature the most talented summoners of this era. Pairings, rosters, brackets, and the final schedule will be posted tonight.
A few rule clarifications regarding seeding that we wanted to share with everyone:
--Teams will be seeded based on their team's averaged elo --The team with the higher (better) seed will be given the option to be Team A or B during games 1 & 3 of the series. The team with the lower (worse) seed will be given the option during game 2.
--Seeds will remain consistent throughout the tournament (i.e. a #16 seed will always be a #16 seed)
The below times are considered to be guidelines for when the matches can be played. All matches must be played 24 hours before the next round begins. Match times will be more strictly regulated by the tournament admin staff as the teams enter the semi-final rounds.
* Round of 64: Saturday, August 7th @ 8PM CDT
* Round of 32: Thursday, August 12th @ 8PM CDT
* Upper Bracket R1 (16 teams): Saturday, August 14th @ 3PM CDT
* Upper Bracket R2 (8 teams): Saturday, August 14th @ 7PM CDT
* Lower Bracket R1 (8 teams): Monday, August 16th @ 6PM CDT
* Lower Bracket R2 (8 teams): Monday, August 16th @ 9PM CDT
* Lower Bracket R3 (4 Teams): Thursday, August 19th @ 6PM CDT
* Upper Bracket Semi-Finals (4 teams): Thursday, August 19th @ 6PM CDT
* Upper Bracket Finals (2 teams): Thursday, August 19th 9PM CDT
* Lower Bracket Semi-Finals (4 teams): Saturday, August 21st @ NOON CDT
* Lower Bracket Finals (Decides 4th place -- 2 teams): Saturday, August 21st @ 4PM CDT
* Consolation Finals (Decides 3rd place 2 teams): Saturday, August 21st @ 8PM CDT
North American Finals:
Saturday, September 11th -- Live in Los Angeles, CA
Good luck to all of our summoners on the battlefield.