Let me tell you something Akiiru, LoL is the worst ever game out of both HoN and DotA. Reasons why are:
- Bad community with a crappy report system aka the Tribunal (merely 80% of it is filled with trolls, QQs, flamers, and teenage tryhards).
- Not even competitive at all (this game is for teh noobs). Both HoN and DotA are much harder due to the fact that summoner spells are not present and harder champ base stats. In fact, different playing styles will need to be used.
- Riot is making this game look like a children's game and a joke (eg Summoner Showcase **** -they don't even know what dubstep really sounds like-)
- Lots of butthurt players arguing about what roles they want to play when they're last pick.
- TOO MANY BUFFZORZ & NERFZORZ!!!! When will it ever stop?
- Where's our Magma Chamber and 3D Mode?
- Servers are unstable.
- Graphics are the crappiest out of both. Hell there isn't even an integrated voice chat system. How is that fun?
I find DotA 2 and HoN so much better, not because it's harder, but there's a different skill level involved as well as a higher level of competency. League is nowhere near better than MOBA standards, in my opinion.
-Both games suffer from a bad community, Valve's report system isn't exactly great either, and the punishment is nonexistant. Yes low priority pool is terrible to play in, but if you have a 5 man team, there is absolutely no punishment at all, sans the loss of BP which is useless. You still even get items.
-"Much harder" is an overstatement. LoL doesn't have Magic Immune for all (BKB), A long range blink, instagib item (dagon) nor a free reposition tool (force staff). Active items make the appearance of summoner spells nonexistant. And don't give me **** about having to buy them because most of them are easy to farm. Yep, definitely Centaurs 3.8 str gain per level is just insanely sub par, eh? Not to mention he had a 68% win rate at one point. Mechanics make it harder to play (microing,pulling,denying), most heroes are as straightforward as they are in LoL, with the obvious exceptions (Meepo, Invoker, Chen, etc). Different skills are needed, but they are both competitive and balanced to their own degree.
- It works well with the community, and there is absolutely no problem with it. The same can be said about Valve's holiday minigames. Which even slowed game development as we had no new heroes for quite a while.
- Valve does the same things, and yes Riot does it frequently but they don't let champions run rampant for too long, as Valve did with Drow's infinite push via her global aura, Magnus Skewer+ Ult madness (which is still going), and Centaurs CC fest (toned out a bit after a month) Valve does a better job at balancing though, while Riot sometimes makes questionable calls, I agree.
- No they're not, they have problems just as any other game would.
- Opinion based.