Cait/Nidalee has nothing on Varus/Nidalee when it comes to long-range poke. (Lose the traps, but Varus's Q is better range and damage than Cait's).
Unrelated: I'm going to post a whole list of random stupid suggestions that are completely untested along with short blurbs on why they MIGHT work, just on the off chance you need something new to test out.
Draven/Darius: I originally only conceived of this one because of the obvious link between the two characters, but a few interesting points came up:
- Darius doesn't need too many items to do decent early game damage
- Darius can catch up on cash by ulting enemies during teamfights later in the game. Since he does this anyway, this has the nice bonus of spreading gold out more evenly rather than Darius nicking it all.
- Darius is good at catching and holding enemies. Even if he doesn't do as much damage, Draven can more than make up for the loss.
- Draven's E contributes really nicely to chain CCing at a distance
- Enemies caught with Apprehend/Crippling Strike/Stand Aside are REALLY easy to juggle axes against.
So it's basically a standard support lane with Darius as the support, or alternatively a standard kill lane with the benefit of still having an AD carry.
Heimerdinger/Blitzcrank: SCIENCE! Trading in AD for AP earns you several advantages:
- The obvious joke here is pulls into turret clusters, but that's hardly all the lane is about.
- Turrets can push the enemy to, well, their turret, where they have to constantly avoid micro-rocket bombardment and Blitzcrank's arm on account of having no minions.
- Standard CC combo is grab into power fist into easily landed concussion grenade stun, with the evolution turrets shooting all the while.
- Jungle ganks from the river (assuming it's warded) can be hilariously foiled by grabbing the enemy into a turret or turrets, performing the usual chain CC, and watching them die before the laners even know what's going on.
- Farming is super easy and the lane is always pushed, so either laner taking an excursion elsewhere is generally fine. Heimer's turrets can cover you against pushing for a decent length of time. Related: Blitzcrank roaming is incredibly nasty for the unprepared, and his ability to pull buffs away from the enemy jungler can be devastating if coordinated (simply ward their blue and time a pull so your mid can snag it).
So the short list of synergies is: pull people into turrets, Blitz's CC chain makes concussion easy to land, Heimer's ability to effortlessly push constantly goes well with his rockets and Blitz's grab, pushed lane that can be held 1v2 easier than normal leaves Blitz free to go and mess up the enemy team big-time through grab ganks and buff stealing.
<Whole list of pairs of people with repositioning abilities. Any lane consisting of a pair taken from this list: Blitzcrank/Nautilus/Volibear/Skarner/Singed/Alistar can potentially result in hilariously killing enemies at the turret and generally getting people into bad positions.>
Twitch/Zilean: Similar to the Cait/Nidalee example, this is TECHNICALLY a standard AD/support lane but worthy of mention due to the rarity with which the characters are used (both separately and together) and some neat synergies they possess:
- The obvious one here is the fact that bombs can be put on Twitch while he's invisible, leading to harassment that is much harder to avoid.
- Twitch has a long-range, AoE, long duration slow. Zilean has a single-target, lower range but equally long duration slow. The two pair up to keep targets stuck at a crawl while Twitch shoots the hell out of them.
- Twitch can scout out brush with one bomb on his face. If an enemy is found, a second bomb can be placed on them directly while they're not expecting it.
- Twitch has an easy innate way to bail after being resurrected with Zilean's ultimate (his stealth), making it even more useful than usual. Additionally, it can allow him to fire off Expunge if he missed it prior to death.
- Hasting a stealthed ally tends to be hilarious, Twitch can pop up next to the enemy in record time with that bomb on his face! Anyone who's reasonably low can be offed pretty quick like that.
So basically, stealth interacts super well with Zilean's kit. Evelynn can be substituted for a truly hilarious derpy lane, especially since Eve's damage early on is better than Twitch's and Ravage cuts the target's MR allowing the bomb to do extra, plus you keep the multiple slows thing, etc.
Cassiopeia/Singed: Poison lane #1, this is your standard kill lane with an AP carry ready to receive the farm and kills. Obvious synergies are obvious:
- Singed getting off a Fling leads to Cass having a Twin Fang-ready target in range immediately. She can get one or two off, then follow them up with her usual rotation of poison spells.
- Wanna know what happens when someone gets flung into a stacked Miasma/Mega Adhesive pool? Bad, bad things.
- Even without stacking, Miasma and Mega Adhesive go REALLY well together, letting you cut off vast swaths of territory. Anyone tries to plow through, Singed just catches up and flings.
- Anyone attempting to chase Singed will be constantly poisoned. Guess what happens then? Even if they're not dumb enough to fall for that, if Singed is faster (and he should be) he can just run in front of them and keep the poison up for Cass.
- Cass's ultimate instantly catches a target for flinging, and flinging instantly catches a target for Cass's ultimate (especially if they're facing Singed as he grabs them).
- If Singed uses his adhesive to catch up to an enemy, Cass can drop Miasma where she knows the enemy will be flung to, netting the "fling onto adhesive puddle" trick Singed can do without him needing to catch them without the adhesive.
- Enemy harass will generally all have to be flung at Singed, leaving Cass free to counter. Anyone attacking Cass directly gets flung, while anyone harassing Singed is open to Cass harassing them.
So basically, these two have several things going for them: Poison synergy, overlapping zone control, Cass can make great use of the repositioning provided by Singed's Fling, Singed can catch enemies for Cass to go to town on...the list goes on.
Cassiopeia/Teemo OR Teemo/Cassiopeia: This is a lane with a twist: either can get the farm, it can even be split if the two are working together well enough to combine their farmed items and deal high damage.
- Post-6, running over a Teemo shroom puts you in for a world of hurt since it provides the perfect start for Cass's combo.
- Anyone who is being chased will be constantly poisoned by Toxic Shot, meaning Twin Fang can just be spammed. This goes double if Cass lands Noxious Blast, since both her and Teemo will have boosted movespeed to chase.
- Miasma can be used to herd enemies into shrooms if they're fleeing, say, upriver or back up the lane.
- Blinding Dart makes enemy AD carries highly vulnerable to burst harass since they can't retaliate until it's over.
Both lane partners will probably build AP if Cass collects farm (Teemo just needs to be able to keep Toxic Shot on the target permanently), but Teemo usually goes AD carry if he's the one farming.