For those players who play normal 3v3, all the way up until level 30 it is a poor decision to have a jungle.
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm
So in playing a ton of 3s, I've noticed that a lot of teams prefer to have 3 laners and no jungler. Why is this? It seems like, while it's hard, jungling confers A LOT of benefits.
The reasons being that:
1) Before level 30 it is extremely rare for a player to have the proper runes and masteries to be able to deal with the Twisted Treeline mob camps effectively.
2) Before level 30 it is very rare to see a player play 1v2 effectively unless they are playing on a smurf.
For those players who play ranked 3v3 between the rating of (0 - 1300) it is rare to see a jungler as:
1) It is all in all hard to play correctly.
And with little to no practice pre-level 30 it's very hard to pick up and can really only be learned if taught.
2) You have to have very good team coordination to time / plan jungle ganks while at the same time you must have a very talented bot lane who can deal with 1v2 OR deal with 1v1 and prepare for ganks.
Having a jungle definitely has huge benefits. Among those:
1) Higher levels on the team all around.
2) Higher creep score on the team all around.
3) Very strong ganking opportunities.
4) The spell 'smite'. (Every buff, every dragon, all yours)
The only cons that come with having a jungle is that one lane is often left to 2v1 (which can often actually be a pro (higher level higher creeps score than the 2 opponents))
And that you are down one summoner in a team fight. But hell, you probably have dragon buff.
Hope my answer helps!