Recently I've been spending a lot of time on the support forums trying to help other summoners with their technical problems. I've been focusing on trying to answer unanswered questions, a lot of which can all be fixed fairly easily. Since I'm about to take off for a little while I figured I might as well post something to help with problems under different categories.
Repairing League of Legends
So first off lets start with something really simple. This is just a way to fix basic problems with the game such as missing files, corrupted files, and so on.
The easiest way to start the repair process is to run the repair through the PvP.net client options. This is near the top right corner, should be under P2P connections. If you are not able to launch the client, you can run the setup.exe that you used to initially install the game and run the repair through that.
Restoring Corrupt Files
If repairing did not solve your problem, deleting and restoring specific folders is a much easier way than re-installing the entire game.
1. You need to find the directory that includes your files. Usually C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/projects
2. Identify where your problem is coming from:
- lol_launcher - this is the one that patches and updates the game
- lol_AIR_client - this includes the login and the PVP.net client with the summoner info, etc
- lol_game_client - this is the actual game client which you play on, problems related to this usually mean bug splats after champ select or during loading but also include HUD and interface problems.
3. Delete the folder (or move it out of the directory) the corresponds with your problem.
4. Restore the files. For the AIR_client and game_client you can simply run the launcher again. If your dealing with the launcher then run the repair.
If you have any questions feel free to post. I'm on usually every day answering threads in the support forums so if this doesn't fix your problem you can add me on League.