Please bump this thread, thanks
Hello, i would like to offer Riot some feed Back on Kha'Zix the voidreaver. Ive been playing Kha'Zix since he was on PBE, and i bought him and his bundle on realease. Ive tried him in every lane, top, jungle, Support, and even mid (not adc for obvious reasons). I would like to share some of my thoughts, and some feedback to help him improve.
Intro: Ill begin with saying that Kha'zix is an excellent assassin Kit wise, however, due to some small things in his Kit, i think he is currently being dragged more onto the underpowered side of the spectrum of balance (im not saying he is UP however). These small quirks in his kit are easily fixable i belive, and ill be going over some of the buffs/chages he could/should resieve to make him more viable and versatile at his Role of a sneaky mobile assassin.
I will mainly be talking about his Kit and why i think it needs some changes. Since Basestats wise, i think he is fine as an assassin.
*Wall of text begins now*
Passive: Unseen Threat
Currently, i think the idea behind his passive it preety neat. Extra damage, re-procable if used in combination with bush jukes and a decent slow. Couple of issues however.
Firstly his passive scales down in damage late game hard, to the point of being almost useless. Where talking 220 damage at lv 18, which would be a decent amount, if Magic Resist did not exist. most champions are packing anywhere from 70-100 mag resis late game meaning this damage is going to be cut short by a lot. I belive the simplest solution to this problem is its scaling, no one in the right mind gets much AP for Kha'Zix, and even less with the fact the scaling is only .5, i belive the scaling should be changed to .5 per bonus AD, to help him scale better into the late game.
Secondly, as Kha'Zix's only CC, if believe the slow should get some scaling as well (Unless, they change his ultimate, as i will get to later on). Either this, or its duration should be tweaked to be a slight bit longer at later levels.
Q: Taste there fear
This ability is really strong (The evolution isnt overpowering, infact i think its fine the way it is), infact, i will say too strong for its CD and mana cost. Its understandable, given that the rest of his Kit at the moment isnt very good in providing him with more damage, so he becomes overdependant on his Q to dish out the main source of Damage. I belive this Ability needs to be toned down a bit while strengthening the rest of his abilities, so hes not just a champion who needs to QQ people to death (we have Rengar for that).
Changes: i see 3 possible Changes to tone this ability down.
1. Higher Mana cost at early levels. 25 mana at all levels is seriously a bit of a joke, hes got an ability that can potentially deal 100 (+ 240% bonus AD) at lv 1 is VERY strong.
2. Higher CD. Aside from the mana cost, which wouldent be much of a problem if he wouldent be able to spam this so often, 3.5 is a bit to short for something like this, at least at lv 1. A scaling cd, like 5.5 /5 /4.5 /4 /3.5. I belive this is most optimal since a lot of Kha'Zix love to get CD reduction (cd boots and Ghostblade are common items), which makes this ability even more spamable.
3. Increase Isolation range. If the target aint isolated, this abilty wont be dealing as much damage as it would (especially when its evolved).
W: Void Spike
Whoever thought about putting a range skillshot on an assassin is a genius, props to him. However, this ability suffers from what his Q dosent, mana costs and CD. For Jungle Kha'Zix, this is the big letdown. Most Great Jungler have some sort of aoe damage (Noc has Passive, Nati has W, Mundo W, Hecarim Q, Shyvana has W ecs) which allows them to clear camps quickly, This is a great Aoe but with its current CD, mana cost, and abismal heal, its just cut short.
In the lane, i believe this ability could use a slight damage adjustment increse, given its a very thin skillshot and minion waves can block it (plus its speed isnt particularly fast).
1. Lower mana cost, scaling mana cost adjustments. I belive this is very important, Kha starts out with only 300 mana, each shot is gonna cut out around 20% of his mana, Unless he goes Blue first (and even with it), early game this is killing him.
2. Scaling CD. i think a scaling where it starts at 7 seconds and ends at 5 seconds, will allow for this ability to be more realiable.
3. Bigger heal at early levels. This is the most important aspect, especially for Jungle Kha'Zix to become viable.
I belive this ability is almost perfect how it is. I would not change it at all except maybe make the leap faster, and make Kha'Zix Untargetable while he leaps. It could also benefit from a slight CD adjustment, but overall i wouldent touch on this one too much.
R: Void Assault.
This is Kha'Zix biggest problem, his 'ultimate'. The idea behind this i guess was to allow him to dart around teamfights, and maybe evolved to allow him to dive Turrets with less risk. Smart, but the way it was integrated stinks.
Firstly, this ult is so bad that if i did not have to upgrade it to evolve, i literally wouldn't get it. Most champions with an ammo based ult on a 10 second window (Like Xerath or Ahri), have a lot more juice behind them that makes it feel like an Ult. Lets analise its purpose, im gonna be comparing it to 2 other assassins here: Akali and Ahri.
The idea as an assassin for this ult, is to close the distance, and deal some additional damage, and be able to stick better to your target. At this, his ult is preety good, a decent mov speed boost to catchup, a slow to stick, and his passive proc for more damage. Issues with his current state however:
1. the mov speed: It only last 1 second. With all the mov speed now a days (since mov speed runes are VERY popular) and with ADCs getting mov speed increases like PD the distance closing ability of this ult is pathetic, even more so with the amount of CC now a days. If we look at a champion like Akali, her ult is a dash made for single targets, so it dosent suffer from being ccd, she can deal a moderate amount of damage with it on arrival (nothing exajerated unless you foolishly fed her), and stick to her target. A perfect ultimate for an assassin, however it also has other uses, i think every great akali player know what juking potential this ult provides making much more than a way to stick to your target.
2. The window of time: This is the big issue, you have to burn all 3 charges in this 10 second window you really want the most juice out of it, especially with HUGE cd it has. Lets look at Xerath and Ahri ults. Both offer a lot more bang for the buck. Xerath is an AOE, meaning he can potentially hit multiple targets for reasonable amount of damage for each charge, plus its great range allows him to bombard targets within that 10 second window, at this his ult is good (needs smaller blast delay though). Ahri is the best when comparing it to Kha'Zix, since they share almost identical purposes: Ahri can dash to her target/S, meaning that unlikely Kha'Zix she wont be affected by CC for the distance closing part (like akali), and she can deal small damage to up to 3 targets! given that she must use it on all 10 second window shes getting a lot from this ult, a way to stick and deal damage to many enemies (giving her team fighting potential), and like Kha'Zix it can also be used to gtfo of a bad situation.
Currently, Kha'Zix might waste his entire ult just to catch up to his target once, meaning he might waste 1 or even 2 charges to just proc his passive once on his intended target, and boom hes wasted his 100 second 'ultimate'.
Here is how i would re-vamp his ult to fit his kit and let him do his JOB, you know, of assassinating. I would make it an AMMO SYSTEM
Void Assault: mana cost 40 per charge 
Kha'zix gets an Assault Charge every 30/22.5/15 second MAX 3 CHARGES. affected by CDR.
Passive: Upon upgrading, Kha'Zix can evolve one his abilties to give it additional effects.
Active: Kha'Zix stealths for 1 second, gaining 40/50/60% mov speed for the duration and re-activating his Passive.
Evole: Evolving Active Camoflauge will make Kha'Zix remove all slows currently affecting him upon activation. While stealthed, Kha'Zix gain 40% damage reduction (Or, alternatively, Avoid unit collision)
AND BAM, now you have a real ultimate. This would allow Kha'Zix to be able to trully navigate Teamfight more often, since he would administrate his Charges when he sees fit (since fights can last much more than 10 seconds), and stick to his target much better if he chooses to evolve it or if his enemy team is heavily CC oriented. Additionally, being able to use it more often would allow his passive and slows to be much much more reliable part of his Kit, so he wont rely completely on his QQQQ to get kills. It would also provide him with great utitlity to use it to Juke and confuse enemies as to where he is on the battlefield. While Evolving it would still allow him to turret dive, its now much more usefull since he dosent need to feel that if he gets CC once he is wasting most of his ultimate.
*Wall of Text ENDS here*
TL : DR version: AD scale on passive. Nerf Q. slight mana/cd buff on W. Re-Vamp ult into an Ammo system.
My favorite Lane
I do belive his greatest place right now is infact in Mid Lane. Your probably think wtf? Hes kinda like an Talon on roids in mid lane, plus many mages wont expect it. He dosent excel against all mages, LB can mitigate a lot of his damage with her Dash. But currently (if you have Mov runes) against slow mages who have no dashes or are very skillshot dependant, he can quickly juke evade them, then jump on them and really teach them the meaning of pain.
Top lane just has stronger picks that can tear him apart. Rengar, Jayce, Jax, Poppy, Malphite, Cho'Gath can really give him a hard time. And unless they do something about his W his jungle isnt the best either.
Item wise i love to get CD reduction. Maybe CD boots and Ghostblade, along with a Aegis for some stats to not be squishy and provide some utility for my team (horay for teamwork).
Runes i belive the only important thing is MOv speed Quints.
And thats really it. i could get into detail on his laning but i dont feel its necesarry, ive stated what i think needs to change for him to be stronger more usefull, since any competent player can easily defeat him right now.
Hope Riot take the time to see and coment on this
Originally Posted by caledfwch598
I agree on most of your points but if i could change one thing make the evolution of his ult give him ignored unit collision while its active..
I understand this would be very usefull, but it would make upgrading his ult just WAY too good. Cant have 40% reduced, CC removal, and No unit collision all in one package. And i personally thing the CC removal is way more important. So if this were implemented i think the 40% DR would have to go.