Originally Posted by DragonAris
I've played a couple of games on the new TT and just wanted to express my thoughts on the reworked map. First and foremost, thank you Riot for giving the Twisted Treeline some love at long last
My thoughts thus far:
1. Death timers are ridiculously short early. It feels like dominion, where your death doesn't matter at all, and you're free to throw your body at objective after objective.
2. Teamfights are artificial and forced. You simply can't choose to avoid them, because the alters are too important. And giving vision on the alters again forces teamfights, while simultaneously taking away strategy. One of the most enjoyable things about TT is dragon control. No ward planted yet, or having a battle of pinkwards? Quickly grabbing a dragon before the other team reacts or notices can change a game. If the other team does it to me, I even enjoy and respect that.
3. The lack of a top jungle makes it obvious when you're going to Spider, and forces continuous conflict. It also kills a revenue stream, and eliminates strategy in that fashion. Looking at the post-game charts on a TT game is fun - and seeing who controlled the most neutrals often equates directly to the W/L
4. Items obviously need tweaking. In a serious way. Especially the AP Madreds on Singed/Teemo/Brand/DoT
5. Lack of wards again takes out strategy. Map control is a HUGE part of SR,and TT. Why eliminate it and force a "skirmish" gametype? Again, we already have Dominion for that.
I love old TT. Yes, it has problems. But they're EASY fixes. This is a "baby with the bathwater" solution. My thoughts on old TT:
Equalize lasers. Scale dragon throughout the game. Normalize the jungle. Make minions immune to laser. Add a minor bluebuff (maybe not even needed if you want to incorporate the new items). Double the width of some of the walls to limit mobility a bit.
I want to like the new TT. I love the fact that it's getting attention. However, it feels like it is now intended to be "SR lite" rather than "SR for teams of 3".
TLDR - 3's should not be a "for fun" mode. We already have Dominion for that. Old TT has as much - or more - room for both strategy and tactics that SR has. It's just scaled down for 3 teammates rather than 5. SR is not a continuous roaming killfest, but an intricate game with multiple strategic options. Unless the intention is also to make SR more "fun" by adding shrines, boosts, and the like (in which case that's fine if that's the direction you're taking the game, although I disagree) please don't change TT so drastically.
Please, please, please, do not remove TT. Keep both. I don't care if it will fractionalize the playerbase. You say that TT has some of the most enthusiastic and devoted players? If you believe that, believe that we'll happily wait a little longer for queue times to play the mode we love. And if you can do some of the minor fixes above, we'll love it even more