I figured I'd share with Riot what I personally like and dislike in the new Twisted Treeline, after all, they can't fix it if they don't know its broken (or we don't like it). Disclaimer: This is the opinions of one person me. and I haven't played that many games, this is my initial impressions. You don't have to agree with them, I'm just using this forum to give Riot my feedback. so please keep negativity to your self. If you don't agree with something, then post why. Constructive criticism and conversations are the only way we are going to be able to mold this map into the experience us Summoners want.
1. No Wards: I like this concept. It may change the play style of the map but that's a good thing to me. There is 1 Con attached to this (see below).
2. New Items: I'm not sure how balance they are and they may need work, but having something new to experiment around with is always a good thing IMO.
3. New Layout: I like the way the new TT is laid out, and I think it addresses a couple major issues the old TT had, namely flash and flash champions. I like the constant fear of going too far into the lane by yourself too because you never know when that gank is gonna happen. It makes one think ahead and always have that escape plan for those 'what if' moments, and I enjoy that.
4. Shorter Games: Yay! That's the reason I don't play SR that much because I like to get in, play a game and be out within half and hour usually. Yes, I like Dominion. =P
1. Altars: The altars are fine but they need rebalanced. My suggestion is place two more altars on each side of the boss of the top jungle and split the buff up like follows.
1 Altar, +2 gold per kill
2 Altars, +4 gold per kill
3 Altars, +4 gold per kill and +5% attack damage and ability power.
4 Altars, +4 gold per kill and +10% attack damage and ability power.
Having altars to fight over at the top of the map would also give top laners something extra do do.
2. Snowballing: I think the current state of the altars are to blame for huge snowballing in this map. I have only had 1 TT game that was a close game, all the other ones were no contest for one side or the other.
3. Teemo.:This is the only bad thing about having no wards. Picking this champion says 'hey nobody can use wards but me, and mine also blow up in your face when you step on them, mwahahah'. I know Maokai, Caitlyn and Nidalee also have 'wards' but their vision is nowhere near as high as Teemo shrooms and I don't consider them that much of a threat to balance on this map. Not sure if anything can be done about this, but just putting it out there.
4. No Buff Monsters: This takes a little out of what I like from the League. Having buff monsters gives junglers that much more incentive to jungle and gives something else worth to fight over besides altars. Only problem is there may not be room for jungle monsters on the new layout, but nonetheless I don't like their absence.
5. Vilemaw: I love his concept but he just doesn't seem to be worth doing in his current state. I have yet to play a game where killing Vilemaw has been a priority like Dragon was in old TT. He kinda just sits up there overseeing the game like an ominous referee.
1. Speed Shrine: TBH I could care less if this was there or not, I think I would rather have a buff monster or something there instead like the old TT, but this isn't a terrible addition, just not a needed one IMO.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now. I'll update this if I think of anymore, and please, please feel free to discuss. That way if I'm wrong, I can learn something, if I'm right, maybe Riot can put it on their list of things to tweak.