- I only play 3's, 1499 ranked, 1550ish wins normals.
My first thoughts about new TT:
- I hated it; it was nothing short of mindless wandering and killing. Laning and farm was largely ignored, Vile was rarely attempted and rarely successfully defeated.
- So I have had the privileged to try TT as pretty much all roles and all positions. I've also had the privilege to play it as a three's premade. The game truly becomes alive in a 3's premade with 3 other that have played TT extensively. We came up with strategies for capping/protecting alters, we learned when to give an alter in order to get an ace, we learned when to do Vile as early as possible, we learned how to rotate jungle and lane for maximum gold. It was a blast to say the least. However I went back to solo normals and it was dull as anything. In conclusion, I think that either the new TT can either only be enjoyed truly in 3's premade, or we have to wait for the new 3's community to mature into the map. Remember, a lot of these new players are not 3's players at all.
- Though I miss the concept of warding, and not being able to show off cool ward skins; on this map, because of its linear flow, they're not needed.
What to focus on in the 3's
- The game transformed from a more macro focus to a more micro focus. Partly, to do with the map is smaller. Mostly, to do with objectives and jungle access.
- (Just one of many examples) Because everyone has equal access to jungle little things like who should get a rotation in of jungle creeps becomes an option who wants jungle and lane, instead of either jungle or lane. Before it was, if I jungle, I missed some lane farm. Now it's who should jungle, because they probably won't missed much if timed right; so we can either press a lead or catch up someone behind on farm.
- An even more micro example is trying to figure out how to capture an alter with the abilites you and your team have, with the enemy pressing you.
- Obviously there may be better examples I'm not thinking of.
-Overall, am I sad to see old TT go? Yes. Do I wish I could have it as a separate map to visit it from time to time? Yes. But overall, seeing how your team can dynamically change to adapt to the different challenges on new TT is exciting when organized and coordinated.