Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo
I stopped reading part way through. Some of this is horrendous.
1. You argue "some of the best players lose 55-65% of their games" then point out 3 professions players with win rates at 55-65%. If my win rate is 55%, I'm losing 45% of my games. If my win rate is 65%, I'm losing 35% of my games. A 65% win rate doesn't mean I lose 65% of their games. The best players in the world WIN 55-65% of their games, not lose.
2. If 3 people on your team wanted to surrender at the 20 minute mark, but the game drags on for 60 minutes (and you still lose), then the chances are pretty good that it's actually the negative attitude of the 3 people that wanted to surrender that caused the loss, not the two "try-hards" that refused to surrender a third of the way through the game. And why do you want to cite professional players when you talk about win-rates, but you ignore teams like CLG.EU that can lose early game really hard, turtle, and then make a comeback win late?
So I guess you should also go tell off all those pro teams that surrender....in tournaments.. that are for money... because "you could always come back!"
At some point, cutting your losses and getting a fresh start is the best thing. If @ 20 mins your down 5 - 18 in kills, 0-4 turrets and are pushed into your mid lane inhib turrett.. its GG 99% of the time. Sure their might be a 1% chance we make a comeback but the time spend the other 99% of the losses doesn't make up for that 1% win.
The reason that the good pro players dont get mad when they lose is because each individual game doesnt mean anything to them... it's about how they did in the "session" they played... How well did I do over the past 5 hours? If a game is lost, give it to them and start fresh. If it's a 50/50 then obviously you play, but when its totally 1 sided and it's all you can do to just turtle them off a turrett... its time to move on.