Originally Posted by Eftychios
I've been depressed for 1 year now, don't want to tell anyone, I'm very closed in on this. Don't want any of members of my family to find out because I just don't want to have to deal with all the attention care. I just want to man up and fight this mental disease off.
Please some advice
As someone who battled depression for 6 years I can tell you some things that may help:
1. Force yourself to smile. Smiling, even when you aren't happy, releases endorphins (chemical that is produced when your brain registers pain. endorphins actually help to alleviate some of the pain and give you a temporary high) into your brain which essentially tricks your brain to think that you're actually happy. Overtime it can become a natural thing.
2. Go outside. Sunlight is loaded with Vitamin D which helps your brain produce serotonin, a mood regulating chemical.
3. Eat a balanced diet. Eating a healthy diet actually helps your brain to produce the chemicals it needs.
4. Work out. Exercise releases endorphins which help to enhance a positive mood.
5. Eat curry. Curry releases endorphins as well. And its delicious.
6.Drink plenty of water. Same result as having a healthy diet.
8. Get involved in a local charity/non-profit. It can be a church, homeless shelter, youth center... Any organization that does awesome things for your community.