EDITED: alternative item added
so i am long time TT player, i loved the old TT and hated that you erased it, but thats a tale for another time, im trying to get used to this map but i cant get used to not having wards, it removes and important aspect of the game along with some strategy but since ive founf out you guys are too stuborn, i guess we will never have wards, and thats a big problem, because @Riotnome said something in another thread that makes me think they assume hextech sweeper and grez lantern are complete susbtitutes for them, but heres the deal, not all the champions can use the lantern or the sweeper in their builds, and even so if you want to check brushes you cant go around waiting a minute everytime, so how about a consumable to take the place of wards?
heres what i have in mind:
- cost: 50g
- use: lays down a Sight orb that lasts 30secs. you can only carry 3(maybe 5) of these on your inventory at once.
what this does is:
- it gives you the option of not buying the lantern or the sweeper
- prevents you from face checking
- it would cost you 300g just to ward a place for 3 min as opose to 75g from a regular ward plus you would have to leave the lane every 30 seconds. this would prevent having the map warded at all times wich i guess is riots goal by removing wards.
the vision ward equivalent:
- cost: 85g
- use: lays down a stealth detecting orb that lasts 30secs. you can only carry 3(maybe 5) of these on your inventory at once.
Soul vision (name fitting with shadow isles lol)
- cost: 25g-50g
- use: summons a soul to reveals the targeted area for 2-5 seconds, you can only carry 3-5 of these at once on your inventory
- range: 1000 cast range, 500 area of effect.
this would be like buying the lantern or sweeper active, without being forced to buy the items, alternatively it could also reveal non champion stealthed units, that way you could also avoid steping into shrooms when revealing a brush as a nice bonus.
with any of these items, we could have more brush, since we would be able to check them, and i dont know about you guys but i love the mechanics of brush, and the jukes you can pull on them, right now we have eight pieces of brush EIGHT, and they are simple, small patches.
also forgot to mention clairvoyance, its cd its too big for my goal, unless you have it in conjunction with the sweeper or the lantern in wich case they would still be must buy.
i cant be the only one that feels that we need something like this, so i hope you like my idea, comment, sugestions and bumps apreciated.
ideas from other people in the thread might be posted bellow:
...Also consider my idea to add the active to a tank item, like Bloodlords Mantle. This makes it more available for all roles. (AP-Sweeper AD-Lantern Tank-Mantle) I understand some champions still won't like the items and not build them.. but that is the balance. We can't counter all stealth characters? No one would play them anymore. Maybe just don't have the visions orbs?
I also like the idea that if you had these orbs to not make them invisible on placement. This way people can know if they have been seen. Help to cut down on people just getting ganked in jungle nonstop because of orb placement.