Has anyone figure out how the slow resistance mastery or swiftness boots work? Is it duration like tenacity, or its power?
And if its power, how does it do the math?
Say, if someone uses a 60% slow that lasts 4 seconds on me with 25% slow resistance, does it become a 45% slow for 4 seconds or a 60% slow for 3 seconds?
We just tested this, and heres the numbers we got. We used Cho'gath who has a 60% slow, no MS runes or masteries. One of us had 15% slow resistance from the masteries, the other didn't.
I will call Cho A the Cho with 15% slow mastery, and Cho B the one without out.
Trial 1: Both Cho's bootless: 345 MS
Cho A: 195.
Cho B: 179.
Trial 2: Both Cho's with Boots of Swiftness: 405 MS
Cho A: 259.
Cho B: 223.
Trial 3: Cho B with Zerker's : 390 MS
Cho B: 188
Trial 4:Cho A with Boots of Swiftness, Cho B with Zerkers+ 15 MS enchant: 405 MS
Cho A: 259
Cho B: 191
Trail 5: Cho A with +15 MS enchant on Boots of Swiftness: 419 MS
Cho A: 269
Cho A with +15 MS enchant on Boots of Swiftness and 5% from Zeal: 436 MS
Cho A: 282
1. Slow Resistance reduces the strength of the slow, not the time.
2. Slow Resistance stacks ADDITIVELY, meaning 15% passive + 25% from boots is actually 40% instead of 36.25%.
3. Slow Resistance becomes more effective versus champions with medium-strong slows. If the slow is too strong, the advantage of slow resistence is mitgated by DRs.
1. Diminishing returns on slows affects the values of slow reduction. In Trial 1, Cho A moved 8.9% faster than Cho B, while in Trial 4 Cho A was moving 35.6% faster.
2. Notice how Cho B with Zerkers+ Enchant (405 MS) only moved 3 MS faster than Cho B without the enchant (390 MS). This is because the slow pushed Cho B into the DR region.
Mdaha and I did some additional testing with a stronger and weaker slow. We tested with Singed's Glue at 75% and Voli's E at 50%. Voli's E during the testing was not responding to Slow resistance and Mdaha has already submitted a bug report.
Voli and Singed both have 345 as well, here are the numbers we got. First set is without the 15% mastery, 2nd set is with. Voli has 3 data points per. 1: standing in ooze, 2: facing away with Q(15% MS), and 3: facing towards with Q(45% MS).
390 MS w/ boots2.
1) 159, 166, 181
2) 181, 191, 212
405 MS w/ boots2+enchant
1) 161, 168, 183
2) 183, 194, 216
405 MS w/ Swiftness Boots
1) 199, 211, 257
2) 223, 256, 323
419 MS w/ Swftness Boots+enchant
1) 202, 216, 266
2) 231, 266, 335
Last Breath (30% slow aura) on Singed with 1) 405 boots2+enchant and 2) 405 Boots of Swiftness
We didn't get the numbers for 0 slow resistance singed at 405 MS, but math says its 283.5 MS. So basicly getting that mastery+ swiftness boots will give you almost 49 more MS with as little of a slow as 30%.
Basicly, I'm scared of what bear stance Udyr with slow resistance will do to my face.