I upgraded to Windows 8 a couple of days ago, and to my dismay, League of Legends has constantly given me very large ping spikes (500+) about every 10 seconds which lasts for 2-3 seconds at a time. This results in my character being completely unresponsive during these times, and sometimes acting very strangely: sliding backwards, not casting skills, not attacking, or auto-attacking in excess.
In a couple of instances, this has been so bad that I have lost connection repeatedly during the whole duration of a game, which has cost me a ranked loss. I have confirmed that it is not my internet or computer, seeing as more demanding games run perfectly fine. I sometimes do not lag (about 1/5 games), and I sometimes have client crashes after pressing the victory/defeat button (about 1/8 games). I have also experienced lobby crashes today; twice during ranked queue's which resulted in 1:30 of temp ban.
I have tried reinstalling the game, running it using a different hard drive, updating drivers, turning off all non-essential processes, etc.
Nothing has worked consistently; this is quite frustrating for me, as you can imagine.
OS: Windows 8 x64
CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz
GPU: HD 7850 x2 CrossfireX @ 950MHz/1350MHz
SSD: Samsung 840 250GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
RAM: GSkill Sniper 4x4GB @ 1866 9-10-9-28
Wireless Adapter: TL-WN722N w/ 7.5Mbps up 768Kbps down internet
I would like to note that I have had few issues with LoL prior to the Windows 8 upgrade, and the problem is exclusive to this game.
If anyone has a feasible solution to this problem please let me know.