Generally, I'm not happy with the new patch, but some things are good also.
The new HUD:
- Looks cheap and cheesy compared to the previous, sophisticated look.
- Certainly it's "easier to read" but so is the font on fischer price toys. This new HUD makes the game look very Fisher Price.
- I chose League of Legends because Runescrape and Bloodheros or whatever those other MOBAs are look like children's games and this one *looked* sophisticated.
- When you press "tab" it's harder to see the items and harder to see the ignore button.
- The HUD minimap -- when maxed in size -- seems smaller than before.
The new store:
- AD items cost less; this is nice!
- The store is harder to navigate than before when you simply want to browse items.
- It's nice to be able to select properties e.g. life steal, damage and have the item you want come up.
- The store colors are cheezy and make the game look cheap.
The new masteries:
- You changed too much, too fast.
- I need much time to consider my masteries now. I'm just playing with random masteries chosen because I don't want to spend hours thinking about mastery combinations this morning. Thank you for giving me three college credit hours of work to do, RIOT.
- I realize that RIOT felt that changes need to be made to the masteries, but incremental, slower changes would be been better than sweeping changes.
The new jungle:
- Incursions into the jungle now carry a punitive cost at almost all levels. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, yet.
- Overall, the changes may be good as, now, the jungler can jungle rather than being expected to gank every five seconds and getting yelled at if he's not in three places at once.
My biggest gripe is that the game looks so childish now like Fisher Price produced it. I like the older, sophisticated look.