Originally Posted by RiotNome
Alright, let's try this again.
Hypothetically, if... (ALL OF THE FOLLOWING HAPPENED)
1. Brutalizer's flat armor penetration did not stack with Black Cleaver or Ghostblade...
2. Black Cleaver's percent armor penetration were slightly nerfed...
3. And Brutalizer and BC's flat armor penetration are nerfed from 15 to 10...
Would it be OK to keep Black Cleaver on Dominion? Opinions, now!
1) Sounds good on paper but has nasty effects, i.e. if you were to build both Ghostblade and Black Cleaver you would be at a disadvantage in terms of gold invested. If the goal is to deter people from building both of those upper tier items in the same build (not recommended) this can be ignored.
What can be done instead is make the flat ArP of each of the three items passives unique to each item. That way Brutalizers don't stack, Ghostblades don't stack, and BC's don't stack, but 1 of each of those items can stack just fine. Since typically people would want to build their intermediary items into more powerful versions, people would be deterred from building three Brutalizers for the maximum flat ArP. However if they've already built a Ghostblade they won't be penalized building another Brutalizer to eventually turn into a Black Cleaver.
Another thing to consider is rearranging/solidly defining the stats on each item. It's clear the BC is a bruiser's weapon of choice as it gives them a little bit of everything they need with an emphasis on ArP whereas Ghostblade's emphasis should be slightly shifted from the ArP more towards its crit in order to bolster it's auto-attack steroid.
2) Fine by me. If people want to shred tons of armor they should really be relying on Last Whisper as that is the sole purpose of that item. Black Cleaver on the other hand is the ultimate item for all AD casters and bruisers as it gives them CDR, HP, damage, and ArP all in one; it shouldn't also be the pen-ultimate armor shredding item on top of all that.
3) I actually don't see a problem with this. Early game armor shred with Brutalizer is part of the reason why so many bruisers own early game and snowball into late. A slight nerf to the ArP may tone them down a bit. Notably abilities like Garen's Judgment and Pantheon's Heartseeker Strike are very dangerous even with just one Brutalizer.