The players have elected a Meta Game to stay. They will not have their minds changed or try new things.
You try to be a flexible company, so it's time to upgrade your queue system.
Current System Broken Down:
- Join a random 5 man queue
- Spend the first 5 minutes of character selection screen petitioning, arguing, cursing, swearing about which of the meta roles you will get to play.
- Then one of two things happens:
- A miracle, and the team actually still plays well together
- More commonly, you spend the game lamenting how much better you could have preformed in role "X"
The Solution Broken Down:
-Queue based on the meta slot you want to play!
-Please note you queue based on lane placement, not champion type. (I.e.) Solo Mid Lane, not AP Carry. There is a big difference and I want to be clear.
-The team is free to swap roles and/or establish a different strategy in game.
-Allow people to queue as 'Filler' and be given a spot to fill a team faster.
-Obviously those that queue for support will play much faster and those that queue for mid or top will have to wait longer.
-Provide a pre-game start "Role Violation" report opportunity for players to use for those queueing and trolling
-This will encourage people to learn other roles and make character selection sooooooooooo much smoother.
-Leave a standard queue for normal games so people that want to be the exception can experiment.
Please comment and promote this idea to improve the experience and teamwork we all have when playing League!