Hey all, first time directly addressing Riot. Normally don't like that, but I felt this was worth a shot. Especially 1. is frustrating.
Since the S3 changes, there's a few things that have been bothering me. I consider them gamebreaking in the sense that it messes with the flow of the game. Not all of these are from the S3 changes, but I expected some of them to be fixed by now.
1. First of all, I play supports. I generally don't play all of them, but on every single one I play, I ward. I ward a friggin lot. My issue lies with the Ruby Sightstone. It still only allows you to place a limited number of Wards. So I'm basically running around with an item, that has 5 charges, but I'm not allowed to use all 5 of those charges until the end of days, forcing me to keep another spot open for more wards, so I can actually get 5 wards out at the same time.
I think the stones are a brilliant form of fixing the money sink called wards. Sadly, it's an issue mid and/or late game. When my team has a tough time with map control, I run around giving them map control until my fingers bleed from placing wards. That's my purpose in the game. Trying to gain an advantage or getting out of a precarious situation by having vision of what our opponents are doing.
But then, at lvl 12, 13, 14 and beyond I am forced to buy extra wards to go beyond that limit. It feels wrong. So my suggestion simply entails;
Make it so, that the Ruby Sightstone scales up to 5 placeable wards. Scaling can be done in various ways.
- Make it scale with xp (ie getting it early will benefit you mid to late game)
This is counter-intuitive. If you are behind, you need wards more.
- make it scale with levels (at lvl 12, you can place 4. At lvl 16, you can place 5).
This way, whatever early game imbalance it could have had, is gone, but the item doesn't become nearly useless mid to end-game.
2. Make Active item abilities and summoner spells (finally) respond to smart casting. I'm not using item abilities half of the time, because fast reflexes require me to be on the ball and mentally having to go back and forth between smart casting and the old fashioned point and click way of dealing with things is really starting to get troublesome. If I missed a specific additional option to smartcasting that allows this to be done, you can discard this suggestion. Otherwise, Please Riot, make it happen!?
3. Abilities with cast times or long animations. I don't get it. I honestly, do not get it. Let's just take faceroll Garen and faceroll Darius (I still want skins for both) as an example. Their R have cast times.
What is the function of the cast time, if the ability still lands when someone responds by flashing? I do understand that there has to be some grey area where their ability still lands, but let's assume Pantheon is just about done Ring and leaves the ground right that millisecond after Darius hits his R, Pantheon will still get hit (and die) even though the good man isn't even around to see the ability finish.
I've felt that this specific malfunction in the mechanics has been around too long and it should get fixed some time soon. It doesn't have to end up going in cooldown, but people need to have a way to escape.
So again, think of a grey area of range xxx in which the enemy will still get hit, but flash range and above needs to be out of the question. This would apply to movement speed boosts such as Teemo or Yi and to people with gapclosers and/or creators. Please!?
4. If Nami dies while casting her R, her R will go on CD, but nothing happens. Happened to me once today and should get fixed. Might apply to more champions, now I'm at it.