Originally Posted by Adonis
It is FAR too easy to turn warwick's ultimate into a 2 second self-stun. I'd like people to list the ways here that you can make his ultimate do NOTHING.
One thing I'd like to maybe see Riot do to FIX this is to make it so that warwick doesn't just jump to the opponent once during the 2 second 6 damage attacks, but he clings to them if they get out of range. So he basically CLINGS to them. If they are knocked back, then he stays with them.
1) Summoner spell BOOST
2) Sivir's spellshield
3) Morgana's spellshield
4) if the victim casts FLASH simultaneous with you casting the ultimate
5) If you cast the ultimate on a master yi the moment he Alpha strikes you (he disappears, and your ultimate does nothing)
6) If you ultimate someone and right then your buddy Tristana decides to knock them back with his ult.
7) Same as above, but with Minotaur's headbut.
So far, these all come down to three categories:
1) Spellshields; or
2) Simulcast screwing it up; or
3) knockbacks on the victim just as you land on them.
Hopefully the designers will find an answer to solve this.
I haven't seen too many folks running with Boost, myself, I run with Exhaust and Teleport. While I do play Yi, it's not always a given that AS will be up, or that half your team won't be surrounding me when I come out of a glitched phase.
Flash, again requires that it be up, and I've only seen certain types of folks with Flash (Nunu/Fiddle anyone?!).
In the long run, there are a limited amount of heroes who can potentially count it, two of them being completely legit. Out what, a planned 30? The horror!
You could have it quite a bit worse. You could, oh, I don't know, actually have to chase the people your attacking, not have guaranteed hits, and certainly not have any sort of distance closer that can clear walls.