Originally Posted by Das Strychnine
Heh, Rylais gives 500 HP, AP and a slow which amumu needs to stick to targets, just because it's 15% doesn't mean it's bad, that is easily the difference between someone kiting him all day vs not being able to do anything.
Also, you should level Q first for the CDR, Q is amazing, has a insane AP ratio and does tons of dmg to squishies, also, when you land a Q in a team fight or even 1v1, **** is going down.
1) if you level q first it's damage is reliant on landing it which doesn't always happen.
2) Tantrum cd is reduced by geting hit so you end up doing more damage then bandage toss easily.
3) Rylais is not the best on amumu since all his skills except bandage toss is aoe meaning you will only slow 15% most of the time. If you are getting kited with amumu you are doing something wrong because his bandage toss will not have a long cd by max rank.
4) To stick to targets you can just run MS quints and from masteries. Any good amumu will be able to land q anyways so rylais is not necessary.
5) If you really want AP the three best items on amumu are abyssal scepter, blackfire and wooglets. With those 3 items you get health, MR, armor, and invunerable active and more DoT to your kit.
so a balanced build I would say
randuins/frozen heart <-- depends if you rather have more health or more armor
spirit visage/odyns/bulwark <-- depends if you want more MR or mix of MR and health
abyssal <-- synergizes with his passive to shred 55 MR
wooglets <-- straight beast on him, wouldn't recommend rushing this early he needs durability.