Originally Posted by innervation
Killzerz is right, I put mundo as best end game tank period. He peels, chases, does solid damage that isn't skill shot reliant, and CANNOT die. Someone with any experience on a mundo will wreak havoc past 18 minutes.
I honestly, have to disagree with the OP's mundo opinion, chose to quote this one because of a certain quote.
First of all, to the guy that said having a god-tier tank was useless, I honestly believe you underestimate them... I would go 3 tank (let's say Malphite, Maokai and Sejuani) + 2 pokers way more than Lux + Nidalee + Sona + 2 fillers, on any days...
Next, I don't think you can actually disregard the %heal reduction for mundo... his passive AND ultimate are based on that... However, I don't think that alone is solid enough to completely lynch him.
The real problem that mundo suffers from, imo, is basically his lack or reliable CC and the fact that although he can apparently ignore damage, he can, in most cases, be kited and/or ignored.
Now the reason I chose to quote this post is because you have to understand that most games are settled once you hit the 20 minutes mark (either a team has snowballed and is winning/has won, or the team with the best late game managed to survive through and are at least tied.) So saying mundo is a beast past 8 minutes feels a little late to me. When I want a god-tier champ, I try to find someone who will be strong from the 10 minute mark at the very least, or with a strong early game that can be snowballed on pre-11.
Now for the Karthus-Vei, it really is a fight of opinions, an like you 2, I have my opinions :
1) I love how you say that Karthus is threatening because of his range but still discards Lux, Ziggs and Xerath as ignorable. (and none of their cd are 1s, but they're usually 5-, so not really a constraint there either)
2) Veigar simply can't 1-shot anyone... the game will be over way before that.
3) Veigar's ult has really low rag, so unless you manage to stun the opponent god-tier AP, you won't have an easy time killing it.
4) Karthus' ult has less cd than barrier, and it deals way more damage than it.
5) 4 AD + 1 good AP, build no MR and you're dead.
6) Karthus' biggest problem is actually his sustain/mobility.