You know when you start a new game and during the load screen and when the game starts, there are tips for playing the game (or silly jokes..)? A lot of these tips are generally helpful, but when playing Dominion, it should also draw from a pile of dominion-oriented tips.
High level players don't really need tips, but it will help new players understand how the game mode works. It's one step we can take to help people understand Dominion.
You can keep the current ones running, just give a chance for dominion tips to show every now and then.
I've created a small list of tips you can use. If anyone else can think of anything, please let me know and I will add it to the list or let me know how I can refine any tips I made up. Thanks!
EDIT: Removing the SR specific tips might be a good idea too. We don't need to know anything about Baron or Dragon in Dominion.
EDIT2: This list is now my original ideas and input from the community!
- Recalling on speed shrines gives you a good boost at home base. Beware of how open you are during the recall though.
- In Dominion, kill rewards are reduced. This makes kill stealing helpful instead of a problem.
- When diving capture pointss with your team, one player should start capturing the capture point to prevent it from shooting.
- Stay in of the Fog of War! If the enemy can see you, that's information they can use against you.
- Don't be fooled into chasing! Be sure that your capture points are safe before chasing down slippery Champions.
- Don't set up camp on a capture point! If your team is in one place, you are weak to backdoor attempts.
- Health Relics restore a small amount of health, mana, and fury. Renekton and Tryndamere get 20 fury, Shyvana gets 7 fury.
- Think first, act second. If the enemy team visibly has more Champions defending than you have assaulting, it's typically a good idea to wait for the rest of your team.
- Remember, the passive mana regeneration means you can spend less money on mana items
- Having problems against stealthy champions? Be sure to invest in a Hextech Sweeper, Grez's Spectral Lantern, or Lightbringer to detect them!
- Channeling a neutral point that an enemy is also channeling will interrupt all enemy players channeling the capture point.
- Garrison can be used offensively and defensively! Using it at the right time can change the flow of the game in your favor completely!
- Defensive Garrison will interrupt all enemy champions currently attempting to channel your Capture Point and restore the health of the Capture Point.
- Completing a quest hurts the enemy Nexus - even below 100 health - and provides a temporary bonus increase in damage (+10%)
- Kills stop hurting Nexus health at 100 or lower points.
- Speed Shrines are a great way to move around the map!
- Neutral capture points reveal nearby stealth objects and champions for both teams while your friendly capture points reveal stealth for only your team.
- When attempting to capture the Windmill, check the top bushes by the Health Relic to be sure you are not caught off-guard.
- The Greater Relic in the center of the map gives the Storm Shield buff. Bonus damage and a powerful shield that recharges over time.
- Prospector items are great starting gear - but unlike Doran's items, they do not stack!
- While capturing the Greater Relic be aware that everyone in the game can see you doing it. Having an ally help cover you while you capture it is a good idea.
I think that's a good list for the time being. Now, to get a Riot employee to see this AND care. I know it's a tall order, but keep your fingers crossed!