Sigismund's Champion Review (SCR)
Status: No ETA for the next review. I have quite a bit on my plate at the moment, it it'll likely be a while before I can get back to doing reviews.
I come here with a simple proposition: present me your champion designs - abilities, lore, numbers, and all - and I will review them. I will be using the marking rubric listed below in order to make my reviews as consistent as possible, and I will always write down my reasoning for why a particular area was given the mark that it received, I won't sugarcoat things, I will tell you if I think that something is unbalanced, unnecessary or outrageous, but at the same time I will always frame it in a constructive manner, and will always present you with suggestions of what I think could improve a certain aspect of your design. Keep in mind that everything from the marking to the suggestions is subjective, and that we will likely disagree on certain points.
Feel free to post links to any champion suggestions you'd like to get review, but please only post one at a time, and keep in mind that: 1) although I will try to get back to you as soon as possible, outside factors such as study, work, social life may prevent me from doing so the day of, and 2). 3) I will not review any champion who does not have a written lore (two sentences does not count!) and a full skillset.
Most scores are either on a scale of 1-5 or 1-3, and higher is always better.
These are the criteria that your champion's lore will be rated upon. Lore score is multiplied by two to increase its value in terms of the total score
Total: 3-15 x2 = 6-30
- Lore makes no discernible sense
- Lore is difficult to read, lacks flow, but is understandable
- Lore is average in terms of flow. Not too many mistakes are made, and the ones that exist are bearable
- Lore is good, and no more than one or two mistakes exist
- Perfect, no mistakes were found & the entire piece flowed smoothly
- Lore is thematically incompatible with existing LoL lore
- Lore has some thematic issues that prevent it from fitting well into existing LoL lore
- Lore is average in terms theme. Not too many mistakes are made, and the ones that exist are bearable
- Lore fits very well into existing LoL lore, and no more than one or two discrepancies exist
- Lore fits perfectly into existing LoL Lore
- Lore was unsuccessful at catching the reader's attention & in garnering interest in the champion
- Lore had difficulty catching the reader's attention & in garnering interest in the champion
- Lore was good enough to catch the reader's attention & in garnering interest in the champion, albeit with some difficulties
- Lore was captivating and effective at drawing in the reader & making them interested in the champion
- Perfect, Lore drew the reader in very well and made them want to know more about the champion
Champion (Individual Abilities):
This portion of the rubric is used for each individual ability, This is where each ability is placed under a lense and rated based on its numbers, its effect, and its uniqueness independently of the rest of the champion's kit
Total: 3-9 per ability = 15-45 Total
- Ability is seriously imbalanced (either overpowered or underpowered), and should not exist in its current form
- Ability has some minor imbalances that either encourage or discourage the player from choosing it over the other abilities
- Ability is well balanced, both its effect and its numbers appear to be reasonable
- Ability resembles an existing champion's ability and does not add anything new to LoL
- Ability differs itself somewhat from existing champion abilities and still adds something to LoL
- Ability is unique and brings something new to LoL
- Ability is needlessly complicated and does not synergize well with the champion's role
- Ability is either too complicated or lacking in synergy, but not lacking in both areas
- Ability synergizes well with champion role and is easily understood
This section is meant to rate the champion's kit when viewed as a whole. The Champion's stats, how well their abilities work together, how easy the champion's kit is to understand, and how balanced their abilities are when combined will all be reviewed under this section. The Balance section, Originality, and the Intuitiveness sections have their score multiplied by 2 in order to increase their weight compared to the rest of the factors on the rubric.
- Champion kit is seriously imbalanced (either overpowered or underpowered), and should not exist in its current form
- Champion kit has some minor imbalances that strongly relies on certain abilities over the others
- Champion kit is well balanced, its effect, numbers, and skill reliance all appear to be reasonable
- Champion kit resembles an existing champion's and does not add anything new to LoL
- Champion kit differs itself somewhat from existing champion kits and still adds something to LoL
- Champion kit is unique and brings something new to LoL
- Champion's kit is needlessly complicated and lacks synergy
- Champion's kit is either too complicated or lacking in synergy, but not lacking in both areas
- Champion's kit has good synergy and is easily understood
- Champion kit was unsuccessful at catching the reader's attention & in garnering interest in the champion
- Champion kit had difficulty catching the reader's attention & in garnering interest in the champion
- Champion kit was good enough to catch the reader's attention & in garnering interest in the champion, albeit some difficulties
- Champion kit was captivating and effective at drawing in the reader & making them interested in the champion
- Perfect, Champion kit drew the reader in very well and made them want to play the champion
Final Score: 28-98
Scores will vary from 28-98, with 63 being the average. Of course, you want to aim high, because a champion with a score of 63 would still have a significant amount of issues.
Note: I've given lore a higher piece of the pie than other reviewers might because I personally consider it to be extremely important. Lore defines your champion in many ways, from how well your abilities feel on the champion, how well the champion fits into existing LoL lore, and how players using them would feel about the champion.