Well hello new players. Im 170 Calories and I originally posted this guide on the tribunal forum, but I thought it could be useful here to keep new people from ever ending up in the tribunal. So please read and I hope to see you in game and not in the tribunal. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.
Im going to cover some common mistakes people make that get them into the tribunal. How you react to people is the best way to avoid or get caught by the tribunal.
When a player feeds.
So your in a game and you think a player is feeding. What do you do? First you have to decide if he was simply out played, was he counter picked, or did he actually troll the lane.
Once you have decided which this player is then follow the steps below.
Step 1. if he was outplayed, report him as unskilled which will save him from punishment and move him into games with similar players.
Step 2. If he was counter picked, offer to trade lanes and adjust the match accordingly. No need for a report.
Step 3. If you witness a true troll feeder. Running into towers or fighting 1v5. Then report feeding with an accurate description in the report box.
Step 4. Do not rage at that person.
Step 5: If you truly feel like your saying something will help then offer good uncondescending advice.
Tips for spotting a feeder.
1. They buy all boots.
2. They have really low creep score, combined with really high death rates.
3. They buy gear that doesn't make sense for there champ. Be careful with this though its not always accurate.
4. They run at groups of enemies alone.
5. They attack towers alone.
A player troll pics pregame
Im sure we have all been in pre-game and witnessed the last pic instant lock the ADC spot. Or lock in a champ whose role has already been taken. Follow these steps.
Step 1 Report the player with an accurate description in the report box.
Step 2 Do not rage in game.
A player is raging at you.
This is the most common of the pitfalls people find them selves in. Some guy starts raging at you for what ever reason, and your natural response is to defend your self with harsh language of your own. This is a trap, the guy trolling you can now report you for foul language. Follow these steps to avoid trouble.
Step 1: Put the player on ignore and report after game.
Option 1: Offer 1 warning. Like this " please stop harassing me or I will report". If this works be cool about it and let them off the hook, sometimes people just need to be reminded. If it doesn't refer to step 1
Its ok to cuss but..
If you cuss keep it generalized. For example saying dammit when you die is fine.
You will be punished by the tribunal for aiming your curses at People. For example "you are a piece of Sh*t."
But the player is bad.
This game has lots of players at different skill levels, but one thing holds true insulting someone for mistakes will never make them play better, and it assures that you will get reported at the end of the match.
Step 1: If the player is bad report unskilled and leave comments.
1. You can offer positive tips on improving game play and gear selections without fear of punishment.
2. You cannot say Noob, Scrub, Bad, Loser, go die in a fire, ect, you can be punished.
Can I be punished for asking for reports?
This is a common misconception among players. If the whole team reports a player it counts as much as if only one player reports. The difference is you can be reported and punished for spamming or asking for reports against another player.
Step 1; If you feel you want to report some one , just do it. Dont involve anyone else.
Racism, sexual slurs
Instant punish....dont even go there.
Afk,Quiting mid game or base camping.
There are two kinds of afk players. The first kind are the people who are have computer or internet issues or and emergency comes up and they are truly away from keyboard. The second type are the quitters. If they die or get raged at they will just hearth back to base and wander around the starting area.
Step 1 If the player is truly Afk there name will appear red in the report menu which means they have been tagged for leaver buster. No need to report.
Step 2 If a person afks but stays around long enough to move his champ every few minutes, then leaver buster will not work. Report Afk, or Assisting enemy team.
Can I be reported if I dont swear....Yes
If you are constantly negative, condescending, spamming, you can be punished. You can also be punished for revealing your teams location, and buying the improper gear.
General donts for in game play.
1. If you win a game there is no reason to insult the losing team. If you do I guarantee they will report you.
2. Dont instant lock in. This is ok in coop mode, but can be detrimental in pvp games.
3. If a player asks for help, or explains he is losing his lane. Help him, by coming to gank or offering to move him around. What more can you ask of somebody then for them to let you know that they are being beaten and need help.
4. Dont pic new champs you haven't played for pvp matches. Learn the builds and play style in co-op mode
5. If you dont get your champ dont pout about it. Play your best with another champ you own.
6.If in doubt call mias and ping for communication, nothing else is truly needed.
7. Do not isolate your self from your team. For example the laning phase has ended, do not continue to farm when you team is asking for help in team fights, or defense fights.
In my closing thoughts I would just like to state that most people get caught up in the tribunal for cursing at their teammates. Riots stance on this is very strict and very clear you may not rage or belittle your fellow gamers for any reason. So please use the report function and keep your temper in check and you will never have an issue with your account. Thnaks for the read. Good Luck and Have Fun.