First, the bad stuff.
- I don't like the eyes. I think they look creepy, soulless, a little doll-like, and way too blend-y with all the blue she's wearing. I liked her old golden eyes better.
- I don't like her smile. I think it's creepy and too big for her face.
- I don't like her face. It looks too small.
- I don't like her boobs. She's turned so you can't see her cleavage, but her breasts still look gigantic. It's very disconcerting to see that much breast with no cleavage. I wish that either: A) her breasts were smaller, B) her neckline was higher, or C) an appropriate amount of cleavage was showing, because right now it looks very weird to me.
- I don't like her hair. It looks like it's attacking her.
- I don't like the background. Where the hell is she supposed to be? It doesn't look like anything I can understand, and it's so washed out you can barely see it anyway.
- I don't like the folds of her gown panels; they don't seem to be flowing in the same wind as each other, let alone the same wind as the rest of her.
- And finally, I don't like her sleeves. They look hard and angular, like they froze that way.
Here's the one thing I will say. This new splash art does one thing right, and it's a really big one. The FEEL is perfect. The old Sona splash was very static. She was standing still. Nothing felt like it was moving. It was very antithetical to her playstyle. Sona runs around constantly: she doesn't need to stop to cast, her spells are constantly going off, her hair and dress are always flowing, there's always music coming from her... she's very active. This splash art has a great feeling of motion and action. She's moving, the wind is blowing her, she's playing; it feels so right in that respect. It's the opposite of the current Morgana splash art. Current Morgana looks right but feels wrong, to me.
So, Riot, I applaud your improvement in the Sona splash art, in terms of it feeling much more like Sona. However, please take note that your splash arts are becoming more and more physically impossible--weird wind, lack of outfit softness, impossible poses, etc--and that this is bothering some people, i.e. me. Can we please see some more attention being paid to the physics in these splash arts to make them look less... weird?