I had that problem a couple days ago.
- Make sure your Windows is up to date at http://update.microsoft.com/
- Turn off Certificates in IE, IE Options > Advanced > Restore Advanced Settings, IE Options > Advanced > Uncheck "Check for server certificate authentication"
- Make sure your Windows Settings are properly configured.
- Update your Internet Explorer, or if you have a more updated version of Internet Explorer you may have to uncheck these settings instead: "Check for server certificate revocation," "Check for publisher's certificate revocation," "Warn about certificate address mismatch."
-Make sure you are not running a proxy
- Make sure IE is not set to offline mode.